Penn State is dealing with a myriad of injuries this spring. In fact the PSU equipment staff is nearly out of Nike cross jerseys, having only a couple of old Russell cross jerseys left.
As an aside, Joe Paterno was seemingly in good shape, moving all around Holuba Hall from unit to unit assessing the players.
Here's a rundown of PSU's current injury situation:
- Corner D'Anton Lynn was in a cross jersey to due back spasms.
- Running back Stephfon Green did not dress for the session due to a right shoulder injury. His arm was in a sling.
- Wideout Shawney Kersey was also dressed in a cross due to an abdominal issue.
- Linebacker Nate Stupar was in a cross participating in non-contact drills and has been dealing with a hamstring injury.
- Defensive end Jack Crawford had surgery during the off-season on his right foot and it being kept out of spring drills. He is hoping to get back in May. He was spotted Friday wearing a support boot on his foot.
- Fellow defensive end Eric Latimore was in cross going through first-team defensive work, but is being held out of contact due to his prior right wrist injury.
- Defensive tackle Evan Hailes was in street clothes. It was not clear what was wrong with him.
- Safety Nick Sukay was with first team secondary, but was also in a cross recovering from the pectoral tear he sustained last season.
- Fullback Zach Zwinak was in cross with no pads. He sustained and ACL injury last season.
- Often-injured wideout Christian Kuntz wasn't dressed for the practice.
- Fellow wideout Curtis Drake was at the session on crutches. Drake sustained another broken leg earlier in the spring and will miss the 2011 season.
- Defensive end Pete Massaro was also there in a cart. He sustained a torn ACL earlier in the spring.
- Tight end Gary Gilliam was not dressed and is reportedly out for the 2011 season as his recovery from a torn ACL has taken longer than expected.
FightOnstate.com is your source for the best content and community covering Penn State football.