Redshirt junior tackle Andrew Nelson is one of the true veterans of the Penn State offense. He is already a two-year starter and has been signaled out by head coach James Franklin as the lone O-lineman who has set himself apart from the pack in the off-season.
There are so many new aspects to the Nittany Lion offense this spring, we felt it would be good to catch up with Nelson to get the veteran’s take on things. Check out the video above to see what he has to say about:
• The new offense and how it impacts the linemen.
• Brian Gaia’s new move to center.
• His new diet and how it is impacting his body.
• Redshirt freshman guard Ryan Bates, who is new to the O-line rotation.
• Backup tackle Sterling Jenkins, who is new to the second team.
• New offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead.
• New O-line coach Matt Limegrover.
• The new quarterbacks.