Nittany Lion football coach James Franklin and about 100 members of his team visited the Penn State Children’s Hospital in Hershey, Pa., Wednesday. It marked the third straight year that the Lions took a few hours in the middle of summer to spend time with the kids at the facility.
Included were the team’s recently enrolled true freshman, because, as Franklin said, “We like to get them involved from Day One, to see that it’s more than just winning games and getting an education at Penn State and being a part of our football program. It’s about impacting others. It’s about impacting our community.”
In the video above, Franklin talks about:
• The perspective the annual visit to Hershey lends his players.
• A new summer program where his players will be introduced to PSU lettermen and other members of the community who have been successful in fields outside of football.
• The first few weeks on campus for his true freshmen.
• His own summer vacation plans.
• The upcoming staff retreat.
Stay tuned for our photo gallery from the hospital visit.null