- Observers provided initial thoughts on some of the incoming freshmen, including:
Linebacker "Michael Zordich looks solid — really seems to be put together. I am anxious to see him in action." Mauti is a true freshman who enrolled at PSU in January.
Defensive back "D'Anton Lynn passes the early looks test."
Defensive tackle "Brandon Ware looks huge — someone said he's almost 370 [pounds]. He may be sucking wind, though, trying to get through the runs."
- The freshman have their initial runs Tuesday, which "are always very telling." The freshmen are scheduled for this initial run a 6 a.m., with a wake-up time of 5 a.m. There is also a 7:15 a.m. slot for those who need "some extra beauty sleep."
- There are some questions about receiver A.J. Price's eligibility that Penn State is attempting to get straightened out. There is a CHANCE he could be headed to a prep school, but that is not a certainty at this moment. As of Sunday he had not arrived on campus.
- Most of the squad was on campus throughout the first summer session of classes, with only a handful of players out of action for the workouts, conditioning, informal drills and some light classes. Among those players who were not on campus were:
- The coaching staff is expected to move Michael Mauti back to linebacker after his shift to safety late in the spring. "I think [the coaches] realize he's built to play 'backer. We'll see, but I can't see him sticking at safety."
Stay tuned to FightOnState.com for continuing unmatched coverage of Penn State football.