No on-field practice during the period can be more than three hours long. And there are strict guidelines on the equipment that can be worn during the sessions. During the first two days, only helmets are allowed. On the third and fourth days, helmets and shoulder pads are allowed. On the fifth day, full pads are allowed.
As was the case last year, Penn State is opting to get the entire acclimatization period out of the way this week. As such, the Nittany Lions' tentative schedule for the week is as follows:
- Monday: 3:30 p.m. Helmets only.
- Tuesday: 3:30 p.m. Helmets only.
- Wednesday: 3:30 p.m. Helmets and tops
- Thursday: 3:30 p.m. Gear TBA. This session follows Media Day activities, and the first 15 minutes of the practice are scheduled to be open to the media.
- Friday: 3:30 p.m. Full-pad
- Saturday: Full-pad double session.
FightOnState.com is the exclusive home of the BEST community and content covering Penn State football.