Here are a few comments from different observers about freshmen who have stood out with their endurance and ability to keep pace early on.
- "[S Gerald] Hodges has hit it head on. Granted he's had the benefit of six more months, but he's on his way."
- "I'm pretty impressed with how [WR Justin] Brown is put together — great size, nice speed and he's in decent shape. He needs to learn the playbook, but physically he seems there."
- "The [OG John] Urschel kid has shown he can keep up in drills. I am not saying he has the best technique, but he hasn't been sucking wind like some of his fellow rookies."
- "[WR Curtis] Drake and [WR Shawney] Kersey are both really athletic and shown they have nice hands."
- "Derrick Thomas has run well and done OK backing up D'Anton Lynn [at cornerback]. I am not saying he's ready to see playing time, but he seems like he could progress quickly — we'll see with the contact."