Here are some of the top second round matchups:
- No. 4 Louisville vs. No. 12 Butler 2:20 ET
I've got an eerie feeling that Cinderella won't show up for the ball this year. Louisville gets my vote.
- No. 3 Xavier vs. No. 6 Maryland 3:40 ET
West and Co. will get a huge boost when they send the defending champs home early. Xavier is a dangerous, dangerous team.
- No. 3 Syracuse vs. No. 6 Oklahoma St. 5:30 ET
Carmelo Anthony gets to play at least one more game as a collegiate athlete. The ‘Cuse are just itching to get to Albany, where they could make a serious run to New Orleans. Syracuse won't blow the opportunity to play an hour from home in the regionals.
- Something tells me that Arizona might not make it to the Final Four, as I previously thought. They looked mighty vulnerable, especially inside, against Gonzaga and allowed too many second-chance points in key situations.
- You've got to give the Big East credit as they head into today's competition with a 6 - 0 record. So much for the theory that the Big East just beats up on each other.
- After watching Duke paste Central Michigan, the only thing I can say is: Watch out for the Dukies! They may just squeak out of the West.
- Kansas vs. Duke next week - Sounds more like a Final Four matchup than a regional semi-final.