Anthony Miller (6'0"-165lbs, WR/DB, 4.45) from J.P. Stevens High School in Edison, New Jersey is one of the fastest football players in the state. During the 2002 Rutgers passing tournament, I had an opportunity to see Miller perform. During the tournament, he displayed his speed when he caught up to a ball that was over thrown by 10-yards and drawn oohs and ahhhs from those in attendance. In my opinion, he can be one of those WRs that can be a difference maker.
Who has been contacting him?
Who has offered him?
Who are his favorites?
Rutgers, Penn State, Maryland, Syracuse, and Virginia
What schools has he unofficially visited, plan to visit, or attend their camp?
So far, he has only visited the Rutgers campus. He will be attending the PSU Nike Camp, as well as the Rutgers football camp.
What are some of the factors in his decision?
- How comfortable he is with the school - It is important that he feels comfortable with the coaching staff, players, and the environment.
- Does not want to go far - He does not want to go more than four hours away from home. Therefore, he is currently only interested in Rutgers, Maryland, and Penn State. His favorite school growing up was Michigan. However, the school is too far away to be an option.
- It is important for him to be able to visit home on the weekends and have his family see him play.
How does he feel about Rutgers?
- He really likes the school, the coaches, and the players.
- He feels that they are only missing a few big-time players or a few pieces to the puzzle.
- He states that Rutgers is really "stuck in my head".
How does he feel about PSU?
- Likes the Big 10 style of football
How does he feel about Maryland?
- Nice campus
- However, he has not talked to a coach since Coach Sharpless resigned from the school.
Will he make an early decision?
He is not sure if he will make an early decision. In order to make a comparison, he stated that he would like to take 1 or 2 visits before making a decision.
Other sports: He runs track. The following are his best times: 110-meters 10.8 and 200-meters 22.8
Honors: All-State, All-Area, and All-county.
Donald "Big Dog"
Mike and the Big Dog LLC