So much happens here in a week's time, it's possible (despite also being unacceptable …lol) to miss some of the happenings and news.
To make it easier, each Monday "The Week That Was" will be posted to give an update on what transpired around Rutgers.
All the stories can be accessed under the Latest News tab on the home page.
- Former Florida coach Urban Meyer visited practice and told the Scarlet Knights to work together as a team to right the ship after last year's disappointing 4-8 finish.
- The offense moved the ball well and the running game produced during the scrimmage portion of Saturday's practice. Running backs Jawan Jamison and De'Antwan Williams were singled out by coach Greg Schiano for their play.
- Scott Vallone is playing nose guard and doing well, but Schiano said the 3-technique remains a question mark despite having talented, but young, players for the position.
- Rutgers got great news as receiver/cornerback Tejay Johnson received a qualifying SAT score and is eligible to play in 2011 after not qualifying out of Egg Harbor Township (N.J.) High in 2010.
- Bloomsburg (Pa.) High quarterback Blake Rankin returned from an unofficial visit to Rutgers, and told ScarletReport.com that Rutgers was his favorite school, although he is still scheduled to visit other schools.
"I really like it there," he said. "I'm just going to give a couple more weeks and see how everything else goes, and then possibly make a commitment."
- Northern Valley Old Tappan (N.J.) High quarterback Devin Fuller did an in-depth interview with ScarletReport.com and said he preferred to play in a spread offense, but wouldn't rule Rutgers out after an honest discussion with coach Greg Schiano.
- The Scarlet Knights extended an offer to Upper St. Clair High (Pittsburgh) tight end Jeff Schwaba, who is planning a spring visit.
- Four-star middle linebacker Quanzell Lambert of Timber Creek Regional High (Erial, N.J.) talked about his visit to Rutgers, and said the trip shows he is truly interested in the Scarlet Knights.
- South Brunswick (N.J.) High athlete Jevon Tyree told ScarletReport.com the three schools standing out to him are Rutgers, Penn State and Connecticut.
- One of the top offensive tackles in the region visited campus, and afterward Pennsbury High (Fairless Hills, Pa.) star J.J. Denman listed Rutgers as six schools standing out to him.
- Barnegat (N.J.) High tight end Ryan Morris visited and told ScarletReport.com he is a Rutgers fan. He did not get an offer, but remains highly interested in Rutgers.
- Sayreville High (Parlin, N.J.) athlete Delon Stephenson's lone offer is from Rutgers, and after a Saturday visit he said he is contemplating a June 27 announcement to coincide with his birthday.
- West Deptford (N.J.) High defensive tackle Jamil Pollard, who held offers from Rutgers and Florida, gave a non-binding oral commitment to Penn State.
- On the basketball front, Tyree Graham suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon, will undergo surgery later this week, and it is likely he will miss the 2011-12 season.