5. WR Charlie Callinan: The St. Peter's Prep (Jersey City, N.J.) class of 2013 receiver already holds a verbal offer from Rutgers, and showed his skills during the Schiano Shootout 7-on-7 Saturday. Callinan, who is 6-foot-4, 205 pounds, could become one of the top recruits in the 2013 class as he continues to develop, but he is already physical and goes after the ball well.
4. CB Jalen Tabor: He's a class of 2014 standout with four verbal offers, including ones from Tennessee and Clemson. He is 6-feet, 175 pounds, long and rangy. He is a cornerback now, but his body could mature more and he could turn into a safety, or a linebacker who runs very well. He should turn into one of the region's top recruits once his class gets moving.
3. DB/WR Jabrill Peppers: It is way early for the Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, N.J.) athlete, but when recruiting for the class of 2014 begins, Peppers should be a factor. He is already 5-foot-10, strong and being pursued by a number of schools. The biggest question will be what position he winds up playing, but he lined up a lot at receiver at the Schiano Shootout.
2. DL Kenny Bigelow: He is 6-foot-4, 280 pounds and could turn into one of the top recruits in the 2013 class. The Red Lion Academy (Bear, Del.) standout already holds six verbal offers, including ones from Rutgers and Auburn, and could turn into a five-star recruit by the time the 2011 season ends. He's already been to the Rutgers campus at least a half-dozen times.
1. QB David Sills: A lot of people already know about the class of 2014 signal caller from Red Lion Academy because he gave USC a non-binding oral commitment as a 13-year-old. To think the commitment will stick is a bit lofty, but it shows his skill set. He is tall and thin, but throws a very accurate ball.
Five Underclassmen to Watch
Scarlet Report Top Stories
How Lewis Prepares for Rutgers QB CompetitionWhat does incoming freshman Johnathan Lewis think about the quarterback position? Lewis breaks down how he stays in a race that starts without him tomorrow at Rutgers.
Scarlet Report2:35 PM
Rutgers Spring Ball: Poised to Break OutWhat players have opportunities for breakout springs? Scarlet Report takes a look at five key players set for development.
Scarlet Report11:36 AM
Standout WR Hazel Details B1G, ACC SuitorsUpper Marlboro (Md.) Wise receiver Isaiah Hazel holds six offers, and is making plenty of visits.
Scout Football6:21 AM
Harris Continues Strong Sophomore SeasonPISCATAWAY, N.J. -- In Rutgers baseball’s midweek matchup with Rider, Jawuan Harris hit a milestone with his 50th career steal. It was latest example of what continues to be a…
Scarlet ReportYesterday at 4:57 PM
Big '19 OT Planning Big Ten DestinationMetuchen (N.J.) St. Joseph's offensive tackle John Olmstead, a class of 2019 prospect, has a fondness for the Big Ten.
Scout FootballYesterday at 4:00 PM