So much happens here in a week's time, it's possible to miss some of the happenings and news.
To make it easier, each Monday "The Week That Was" will be posted to give an update on what transpired.
All stories from ScarletReport.com can be accessed under the "Latest News" tab on the home page.
- Rutgers camp is over and the Scarlet Knights are a mere two weeks away from reporting for training camp. To get ready for what's to be an exciting season on the Banks, ScarletReport.com will continue a series this week on the top storylines, questions and position battles of training camp 2011.
- Another week, another two commitments. St. Peters Prep (Jersey City, N.J.) tight end Michael Giacone jumped on-board at a home ceremony Friday afternoon. Two hours later, Sayreville (Parlin, N.J.) ATH Delon Stephenson became the 12th member of the recruiting class with his verbal commitment.
- Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, N.J.) wide receiver Leonte Carroo set an Aug. 6 date for his college decision. After spending this week in California, Carroo told ScarletReport.com he will choose between Cal, Rutgers, Wisconsin and Boston College at a party.
- After Rutgers went through camp without a single verbal commitment, the pizza is nearly closed on the Class of 2012. No one learned that more so than Kye Morgan, who was told by Rutgers that there is no longer a spot for him in the recruiting class. Morgan's leader is now Virginia.
- Morgan came off the board as a target this week, but West Deptford (Westville, N.J.) defensive tackle Jamil Pollard came back into the picture after decommitting from Penn State. Rutgers will take a hard look at Pollard, likely as an offensive lineman.
- St. Peters Prep 2013 WR Charlie Callinan, who holds a Rutgers verbal offer, told ScarletReport.com that Giacone's commitment makes him even more interested in a school he already loves.
- JuCo tight end Blake Jackson told ScarletReport.com he is still interested in Rutgers and will know for sure when he cuts down his list by the end of the month. If Rutgers makes his final five, he will take an official visit this winter.
- Erasmus Hall (Brooklyn, N.Y.) safety Wayne Morgan told ScarletReport.com that he is still hearing the most from Connecticut and Rutgers after slowing down his recruitment.