So much happens here in a week's time, it's possible to miss some of the happenings and news.
To make it easier, each Monday "The Week That Was" will be posted to give an update on what transpired.
All stories from ScarletReport.com can be accessed under the "Latest News" tab on the home page.
- The Scarlet Knights reported for training camp Thursday and will be on their grind for the next three weeks before the season starts. All players expected to report did so.
- Red-shirt freshman running back Jawan Jamison was the first injury of camp. A hamstring injury will keep him out for about a week, said coach Greg Schiano.
- Positionally, the biggest changes this week were on the defensive line and at linebacker. Through two days of camp, Steve Beauharnais is back at inside linebacker with Ka'Lial Glaud working on the outside. On the line, Michael Larrow is working at defensive end with Justin Francis at tackle. Transfer Anthony LaLota moved from the defensive line to tight end.
- Senior Marvin Booker moved from linebacker to defensive end, where Schiano said he already looks more natural than he ever did at his former position.
- Eric LeGrand was at camp Saturday and Sunday. He told ScarletReport.com that he will begin rehabbing his legs soon, so he can start walking.
- The pads go on tomorrow for players to begin hitting at camp and the first scrimmage comes Saturday. After the first scrimmage, Schiano said he would like to have the backup quarterback figured out between freshmen Gary Nova and Mike Bimonte.
- At Big East Media Day in Newport, R.I., Rutgers announced the addition of walk-on long-snapper Stephen Belichick, who is the son of Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. He will compete for playing time with incumbent Rob Jones and Rob Horrell.
- Four-star Don Bosco (Ramsey, N.J.) receiver Leonte Carroo announced his verbal commitment to Rutgers at a huge party Saturday night in Mountainside, N.J. Carroo, who committed to the Rutgers coaching staff more than a month ago, said he will do his best to bring in more Don Bosco talent to Rutgers.
- Darius Hamilton, who was in attendance at Carroo's party, told ScarletReport.com that Rutgers was still his leader. This time, not just because it was the only place he visited, but because of the atmosphere and relationships.
- Old Tappan (Old Tappan, N.J.) quarterback Devin Fuller has cut down to 11 schools and will release the information later today. Fuller was at Carroo's party and said he still holds Rutgers in very high regard. He is expected to visit both Rutgers and UCLA this week.
- Long Branch (Long Branch, N.J.) four-star offensive lineman Ryan Brodie was on-campus twice this week, but is probably done with visits for the summer with his training camp beginning this week.
- Along with Carroo, Rutgers commits Steve Longa, Carlton Agudosi, Ruhann Peele and Blake Rankin have all visited training camp.
- Bishop Erasmus (Brooklyn, N.Y.) defensive back Wayne Morgan will visit Rutgers this week. As will 2013 Pennsylvania tight end Adam Breneman.
- The Rutgers group in the Jersey Shore Basketball League lost in the first round of the playoffs Monday night and the season came to an end. Former Villanova star Mike Nardi earned league MVP honors.