So much happens here in a week's time, it's possible to miss some of the happenings and news.
To make it easier, each Monday "The Week That Was" will be posted to give an update on what transpired.
All stories from ScarletReport.com can be accessed under the "Latest News" tab on the home page.
- Freshman running back Savon Huggins starred in the Scarlet Knights' first scrimmage. The five-star recruit received the majority of carries, going off for 170 yards on 25 carries. Huggins and running back De'Antwan Williams each broke 50-plus yard runs in an offensively dominant scrimmage. For full statistics, click here.
- Red-shirt freshman safety Rashad Knight became the first major injury of camp when he broke his foot last week. Coach Greg Schiano said Knight will be out for at least a few months. He may not return this season.
- Senior defensive end Manny Abreu, sophomore running back Jeremy Deering and red-shirt freshman running back Jawan Jamison all missed the scrimmage because of injury and have different or unknown timetables of return.
- Schiano stated at the beginning of training camp that he would like to have the backup quarterback job decided around the time of the first scrimmage. In the scrimmage, Gary Nova had 19 more passing attempts than Mike Bimonte.
- Monday represents a crucial day for Rutgers in training camp. The first of three two-a-days, by now Schiano and his staff reviewed the tape of the scrimmage and will likely make depth chart and position changes.
- The first week of training camp is key for visitors because most high school teams have not yet started practice. Rutgers received visits from many commits and a few offered recruits.
- Quarterback Blake Rankin, running back Desmon Peoples, receivers Ruhann Peele, Leonte Carroo and Carlton Agudosi, linebacker Steve Longa and defensive back Davon Jacobs all visited this week.
- On the recruiting end, Long Branch's Ryan Brodie visited campus twice last weekend and enjoyed a practice as well as fan festivities. Rutgers remains in good position with Brodie, despite receiving an offer from Miami this week.
- With the 2012 class so far along, Rutgers can focus more on 2013 recruits. Kevin Olsen, Adam Breneman and Buddy Brown all visited this week and hold verbal offers from Rutgers.
- Franklin High (Reisterstown, Md.) receiver Ian Thomas told ScarletReport.com that he continues to hold Rutgers in high regard. Thomas will visit Notre Dame the first week of September on an official.