So much happens here in a week's time, it's possible to miss some of the happenings and news.
To make it easier, each Monday "The Week That Was" will be posted to give an update on what transpired.
All stories from ScarletReport.com can be accessed under the "Latest News" tab on the home page.
- Coach Greg Schiano released the two-deep for the season-opener, which is now four days away.
- There were no major surprises on the two-deep, with "OR"s at tight end, running back, defensive end and punter. Six true freshmen made the two-deep including running back Savon Huggins, quarterback Gary Nova and receiver Miles Shuler
- The lone undecided position battle out of camp appears to be punter. Junior Justin Doerner will handle kickoffs but he and freshman Anthony DiPaula are still in a fight for the punter job, Schiano said. Tight end, defensive end and running back are expected to be rotations.
- Concussion victims Manny Abreu and Jeremy Deering returned to practice this week. Abreu, further along than Deering will play against North Carolina Central. Deering's status is undecided.
- ScarletReport.com attended a Kean practice after training camp broke to check out new quarterbacks coach Mike Teel. Teel went in-depth on his new job and all of his reactions can be viewed in the "latest news" tab on the home page.
- Training camp broke last Wednesday for the Rutgers football team. Game-preparation week for North Carolina Central began Saturday and kickoff is schedule for Thursday at 7:34 p.m.
- With high schools in training camp and starting their seasons, recruiting tends to take a backseat. Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, N.J.) four-star receiver and Rutgers commit Leonte Carroo was the lone visitor to a Rutgers practice this week.
- Five-star defensive lineman Darius Hamilton confirmed that he will push back his college decision until after the season.
- Don Bosco cornerback Yuri Wright said he is trying to cut down to five schools for his official visits. Right now, he is at 10, naming Michigan, Colorado, California, Notre Dame, Georgia and Rutgers as members.
- In a scrimmage, Archbishop Wood (Warminster, Pa.) running back Desmon Peoples ran for more than 300 yards and four touchdowns on 10 rushing attempts.
- Rutgers wide receiver commit Ruhann Peele will play running back for Linden High School this season.
- The Rutgers basketball team begins its season Nov. 11 at the Louis Brown Athletic Center at Dartmouth.