So much happens here in a week's time, it's possible to miss some of the happenings and news.
To make it easier, each Monday "The Week That Was" will be posted to give an update on what transpired.
All stories from ScarletReport.com can be accessed under the "Latest News" tab on the home page.
- Junior wide receiver Mohamed Sanu stole the show in a 38-26 Rutgers win over Ohio. Sanu set team and conference records with his 16 catches that went for 176 yards and two touchdowns. Through three games, Sanu has 36 catches and is on pace for 144.
- Saturday's victory marked the first starts for Betim Bujari and Kaleb Johnson. Bujari, a red-shirt freshman, started over Antwan Lowery at right guard. Johnson, a true freshman, started at right tackle over Desmond Stapleton. Schiano said after the game that he hopes other linemen will push the starting five, but that he is pleased with the way the line performed against Ohio.
- Jawan Jamison shouldered the load in the team's first game since the departure of De'Antwan Williams. Jamison set career highs in attempts (29) and yards (97). Behind Jamison, Savon Huggins contributed to two fumbles in a sloppy showing, but scored his third career touchdown. Look for Jamison, Huggins and Jeremy Deering to all have roles with Big East play starting up.
- Lost in Sanu's performance was Paul Carrezola's 11-yard touchdown catch — the first of his career.
- Rutgers (2-1) opens its Big East schedule Saturday on the road against Syracuse (3-1). The Orange came out on the favorable side of a botched instant replay call to beat Toledo by a field goal in overtime.
- Five-star defensive lineman Darius Hamilton told Scout.com that he will announce his college choice Dec. 23 on Mike Quick's television show on MSG Varsity. Hamilton will get in as many official visits as possible before that time and said he is considering one to Rutgers.
- Hamilton and teammate Leonte Carroo were among the visitors for Rutgers' win over Ohio. Verbal commits Blake Rankin, Carlton Agudosi, Brandon Arcidiacono and Desmon Peoples also attended. Class of 2013 recruits Nadir Barnwell and Buddy Brown attended the game as well.
- Timber Creek Regional (Erial, N.J.) four-star middle linebacker Quanzell Lambert said although he is not going to take one of his first official visits to Rutgers, he added plans on returning to the campus several times and plans on using the close distance to make Rutgers
- Old Tappan Northern Valley Regional High (Old Tappan, N.J.) quarterback Devin Fuller is expected to cut down to five schools within the next two weeks and Rutgers will make the cut, Fuller told ScarletReport.com.
- Rutgers went to scout Chaminade Madonna (Hollywood, Fla.) tight end Orlando David during his bye week. David told ScarletReport.com he will take an official visit to Rutgers, but does not have a date in mind.
- Head coach Mike Rice spoke with ScarletReport.com about his excitement for the upcoming season and incoming freshman class. The story can be read Here.
- The Rutgers basketball team's schedule is set for the 2011-12 season. The Scarlet Knights face a murderous stretch to finish the regular season with consecutive matchups against Notre Dame, Syracuse, Marquette, Seton Hall, Villanova and St. John's. The season starts Nov. 6 against Dartmouth at the Louis Brown Athletic Center.