Jeremy Zuttah (OL/DL, 6'4"-280lbs, 4.9 forty) from J.P. Stevens High School (Edison, NJ) is one of the best linemen in the state of New Jersey. Zuttah is a physical specimen, who has the ability to play either offense or defense. If his name sounds familiar to you, his brother Jeff was one of the most recruited linemen in the nation last year and currently is at Michigan.
Who has offered him?
Zuttah has offers from Rutgers, Maryland, Iowa, Boston College, Pittsburgh, North Carolina State, South Carolina, Syracuse, Northwestern, and Georgia Tech. He is also getting some strong interest from Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Virginia.
Who are his favorites?
Although he stated that he had no true favorites, there were three schools that were very attractive to him. They are Virginia, Ohio State, and Notre Dame.
How does he feel about his top 3 schools?
- Virginia - Likes the academics, the continuous improvement by the program, and the NFL experience in the coaching staff.
- Ohio State - Big football tradition and good coaches. His favorite linemen in the NFL, Orlando Pace, is an alumni.
- Notre Dame - Big football tradition mixed with good academics.
Zuttah stated that they have not offered yet but they seemed to be posed to over the next few months.
How does he feel about Rutgers?
Zuttah stated that Rutgers is definitely one of his top choices because:
- They are recruiting him very hard.
- The campus is only 15 minutes from his home.
- They were the first school to offer him.
- Has the potential to be a "big-time" program, as shown by the performances against Miami and Tennessee.
- His teammate, Anthony Miller, has committed to Rutgers and he plays a factor in his decision.
What are the 3 biggest factors in your decision?
- Playing in a big time football atmosphere
- Good coaching staff
Zuttah stated that he would
like to major in Math or Business. Virginia has one of the best state business
schools in the country, which is one of the reasons why they are among his favorites.
Although his brother Jeff is at Michigan, he stated that it would not be a factor in his decision.
Finally, schools are recruiting Zuttah as both an offensive and defensive linemen. He stated that he would rather play offense.
Donald "Big Dog"
Mike and the Big Dog LLC