"I've pretty much spent the last day with him attached at the hip," Fiori said. "He's looking for answers like everyone else, but I think he's about 50 percent committed to Rutgers for now."
Pinnix-Odrick is on his way to Syracuse for an official visit and is considering not signing on Feb. 1 if the coaching situation is not settled.
"I think if Kyle Flood or Frank Cignetti got the job, Julian would be OK," Fiori said. "If it is a coach from the outside, he would have to meet that coach before he could make an educated decision."
Pinnix-Odrick has been in contact with recruit coach Jeff Hafley, who assured him that they still want him badly and are trying to keep the rest of the staff intact.
Should Rutgers not have a coach by National Signing Day, Pinnix-Odrick would also consider a visit to Michigan State before making a decision, Fiore said. Eight to 10 schools have reached out to Pinnix-Odrick in the last 24 hours.