So much happens here in a week's time, it's possible to miss some of the happenings and news.
To make it easier, each Monday "The Week That Was" will be posted to give an update on what transpired.
All stories from ScarletReport.com can be accessed under the "Latest News" tab on the home page.
- In a classy move by former Rutgers head man Greg Schiano, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed paralyzed Scarlet Knight Eric LeGrand to an NFL deal. LeGrand, who continues to make progress in his rehabilitation, will hold a ceremonial role with the Bucs while continuing work toward his degree.
- LeGrand was not the only former Rutgers player to hear from the Buccaneers this week. Offensive lineman Desmond Wynn signed with Schiano to go along with tryouts for wide receiver Tim Brown and cornerback Derrick Roberson.
- Defensive lineman Justin Francis signed an undrafted free agent contract with the New England Patriots. He joins Devin McCourty, Nate Jones and Tiquan Underwood in Foxboro, Mass.
- Rutgers unveiled its Nike Pro Combat uniforms for the 2012 season at SNY studios in Manhattan. The Scarlet Knights have all-red for home games, all-white for road games and a special black uniform for the Connecticut game this season.
- The academic school year is coming to an end. With spring practices done, most Rutgers players are home or headed home soon for approximately three weeks off. Summer sessions begin May 28 and the team will regroup then for informal summer workouts.
- Don Bosco Prep (N.J.) defensive lineman Darius Hamilton and wide receiver Leonte Carroo and Archbishop Carroll (Washington, D.C.) Derrick Nelson are all set to enroll on May 28, with most incoming freshmen joining the program in late June.
- Williamstown (N.J.) outside linebacker Buddy Brown is nearing a decision despite adding three new offers this week. Brown named Rutgers his leader in an interview with Scout.com.
- Lake Mary (Fla.) tight end Taylor Marini told ScarletReport.com late last night that Rutgers was in the lead at this point in his recruitment. Marini holds five verbal offers and has a summer visit planned to Rutgers.
- Rutgers verbally offered Wicomico (Salisbury, Md.) athlete Derrick Hayward a scholarship. Hayward is teammates with running back Dontea Ayres, who named Rutgers his leader after a visit for the spring game.
- Rutgers visited McKeesport (Pa.) quarterback Ed Stockett this week to evaluate him in person. Stockett told ScarletReport.com that he received positive reviews from quarterback coach Rob Spence and the Scarlet Knights remain his leader.
- Montclair (N.J.) running back Aubrey Lewis received his acceptance letter from Rutgers this week and is set to walk on.
- Linebacker Alex Anzalone decommitted from Ohio State last week, but is not expected to give Rutgers a heavy look.