So much happens here in a week's time, it's possible to miss some of the happenings and news.
To make it easier, each Monday "The Week That Was" will be posted to give an update on what transpired.
All stories from ScarletReport.com can be accessed under the "Latest News" tab on the home page.
- The Rutgers football team is back on campus for the start of summer classes. Though all practices and workouts are voluntary and informal, the summer sessions provide the team a chance to build up for training camp in August.
- Rutgers incoming freshmen J.J. Denman, Brandon Arcidiacono, Blake Rankin and Desmon Peoples are set to play in the Big 33 All-Star game this weekend at Hershey Park.
- Rutgers coach Kyle Flood and a record number of Scarlet Knights attended New Jersey Special Olympics festivities Friday night, continuing a long-standing tradition under former head coach Greg Schiano.
- The 2013 season schedule received multiple updates this week, including the addition of Howard, Kent State and Cincinnati to the SNY schedule of games. For the full details, Click Here.
- South Brunswick (Monmouth Junction, N.J.) athlete T.J. Taylor verbally committed to Rutgers and becomes the fifth solid verbal in the Class of 2013. Taylor chose Rutgers over offers from Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Temple and projects as a safety for the Scarlet Knights.
- Rutgers hosted one-day skills and lineman camps during the weekend featuring many commits and top prospects in the area. No offers have been issued out of the camp yet and no one committed, but for full coverage of the camp, Click Here.
- Top 2013 prospects on campus at Rutgers this weekend included Piscataway (N.J.) cornerback Nadir Barnwell, Immaculata (Somerville, N.J.) defensive end Tashawn Bower, Bergen Catholic (Oradell, N.J.) safety Kyle Queiro, St. Peter's Prep (Jersey City, N.J.) receiver Charlie Callinan and St. Joe's (Montvale, N.J.) receiver Ricky Jeune.
- Callinan will return to Rutgers Thursday for a personal Junior day with the staff.
- Cranford (N.J.) athlete Reggie Green told ScarletReport.com he enjoyed his Friday night camp visit and will return to Rutgers later in June.
- Rutgers commits Anthony Cioffi, Justin Goodwin and John Tsimis also visited this week along with Taylor.
- Hun School (Princeton, N.J.) lineman Hunter Knighton received a personal Junior Day visit to Rutgers Thursday and told ScarletReport.com he left with an improved impression of the program. Knighton plans to enroll early for college.
- University School (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) linebackers Skai Moore and Nick Internicola set June 22 visits to Rutgers.
- Roman Catholic (Philadelphia) receiver Will Fuller verbally committed to Penn State.
- The Rutgers men's basketball team will play Mississippi in the Big East/SEC Challenge this season.
- Women's head coach C. Vivian Stringer announced the addition of Alexis Burke, who joins the team as a junior transfer from Illinois. The forward will sit out this season with two years of college eligibility remaining.