So much happens here in a week's time, it's possible to miss some of the happenings and news.
To make it easier, each Monday "The Week That Was" will be posted to give an update on what transpired.
All stories from ScarletReport.com can be accessed under the "Latest News" tab on the home page.
- Scholarship freshman arrivals are now complete with the second series of summer classes underway.
- The team has one more month in the offseason conditioning program before starting training camp in the first week of August.
- Rutgers picked up a pair of defensive ends this week with the verbal commitments of University School (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) end Nick Internicola and Barringer (Newark, N.J.) end Kemoko Turay.
- Internicola, high school teammate of outside linebacker Skai Moore, committed to Rutgers a week after returning home from camp and projects to start at the "R" position.
- Turay has minimal experience with organized football but wowed everyone with an athletic performance at Rutgers camp last week. Turay also projects to begin at the "R" position designed for pass rushing and coverage situations.
- Moore currently plans to take official visits in September before deciding between Vanderbilt and Rutgers. Moore's coach, Roger Hariot, told ScarletReport.com he could see a decision coming earlier than September.
- Pierce (Los Angeles) JuCo outside linebacker Marcus Jenkins-Moore eliminated Rutgers from consideration.
- Hargrave (Chatham, Va.) middle linebacker Lester Liston will visit Rutgers before he enrolls at prep school. Liston has Rutgers as his leader.
- Rutgers remains in the picture for Eastern Christian Academy (Elkton, Md.) running back Wendell Smallwood, who is focusing on the Scarlet Knights, West Virginia and Auburn.
- The Jersey Shore Basketball League tipped off three weeks ago and runs through the month of July. The league features the majority of the Rutgers basketball team, along with former star Jonathan Mitchell. Unlike last season, Rutgers players are split to two players per team instead of stacked together.
- Lee College (Baytown, Texas) JuCo transfer Vincent Garrett arrived yesterday and is enrolled for the final summer session. He is expected to join the JSBL and play alongside Wally Judge and Myles Mack with the Gutter Cleaners starting next week.