So much happens here in a week's time, it's possible to miss some of the happenings and news.
To make it easier, each Monday "The Week That Was" will be posted to give an update on what transpired.
All stories from ScarletReport.com can be accessed under the "Latest News" tab on the home page.
- Rutgers and first-year coach Kyle Flood are two weeks away from training camp. With Big East media day scheduled for the end of the month, the Scarlet Knights report for camp shortly thereafter.
- In other college football news, Penn State will learn its fate this morning in terms of sanctions from the NCAA following the Joe Paterno and Jerry Sandusky scandal. The punishment is expected to be a stiff one.
- Pittsburgh and Syracuse reached agreements with the Big East to leave following the 2012 season. The two schools pay the conference a combined $15 million to join the ACC.
- Haverford (Pa.) middle linebacker Matt Galambos has Rutgers in his top three schools and hopes to take an in-season visit or post-season official visit to campus.
- Jesuit (Tampa, Fla.) defensive back Reggie Brown plans to officially visit Rutgers after the season.
- Receiving heavy interest from others after his commitment, Stroudsburg (Pa.) Sebastian Joseph told ScarletReport.com he is "all Rutgers."
- Reclassified 2014 receiver Neiko Creamer of Eastern Christian (Elkton, Md.) holds verbal offers from Rutgers, Boston College and Temple.
- St. John Vianney (Holmdel, N.J.) receiver Ish Hyman returned from Georgia as a top performer at its camp. With Rutgers still high on his list, Hyman did not receive a verbal offer from the Bulldogs, but impressively put himself on their radar.
- In other New Jersey recruiting news, it was a busy week for Timber Creek (Erial, N.J.). Four-star defensive end Dajaun Drennon verbally committed to North Carolina, where he joins teammate Greg Webb. Webb decommitted from Penn State hours prior to the Drennon commitment.
- JuCo transfer Vincent Garrett made his Jersey Shore Basketball League debut and score eight points in 22 minutes.
- Rutgers basketball coach Mike Rice offered his take on everything hoops in a two-part interview with ScarletReport.com. Take a look at Part I and Part II.
- Dane Miller, Mike Poole and Myles Mack are the team captains for the 2012-13 Scarlet Knights.