The Rutgers football 2016 recruiting class remains confident in its head coach despite a three-game suspension announced Wednesday by universitypresident Robert Barchi.
As head coach Kyle Flood begins his three-game suspension Saturday in the anticipated road game against Penn State, his 35th-ranked recruiting class stands behind him.
Cumming (Ga.) South Forsyth kicker Alex Barbir sent the message below to Scout as a statement for the class and where it stands.
“All of us together as the 16 RU class stand behind coach Flood and his staff. Not a single one of us is out. We are all in as F.A.M.I.L.Y. 16. We know what type of man, and what coach flood stands for. He intends the absolute best for each of his players. We are 100% committed not to his players and mistakes they make, but to Rutgers U, coach Kyle Flood, and to the rest of his coaching staff.”
When asked for comment, other Rutgers pledges voiced similar support for the fourth-year head coach.
Linebacker commitment Jonathan Pollock said "I’m 100 percent behind Coach Flood and the entire coaching staff. I cannot wait to get there in January and be a part of the FAMILY.”
Upper Marlboro (Md.) cornerback commit Damon Hayes told Scout "With all that's been going on, I believe all commits are loyal and understand things happen. We're brought in to make things better and win championships, not get all caught up in the media. So when we're enrolled, I'm pretty sure the guys know it's business. Coach Flood [not only] is a great coachm [he's] a great man. I talk to him all of the time on a personal level."
Metuchen (N.J.) St. Joseph offensive line commit Nick Krimin said, "There's nothing I can really do about. I still feel the same way (about Rutgers)."
Brooklyn (N.Y.) Poly Prep offensive line commit Justin Morgan still plans on taking other official visits, but told Scout "I have not spoke to coach Flood. I still think the same of Rutgers. I had been talking to [recruiting coordinator E.J. Barthel] about what has been going on."