Hackensack High School in Hackensack,
New Jersey has sent a number of players to Rutgers in the past 10 years. Some
of them include Pete Donnelly (OL, 1995-98), Walter King (WR, 1996 - 2000),
Cedric Brown (2000-present), and Bryan Wilson (2000-present). This year, Jean
Beljour signed with the Scarlet Knights.
Danny Oquendo is another Hackensack High School player, who is receiving a lot of attention from college recruiters. Oquendo has blood ties to Rutgers. He is the nephew of Walter King, former Rutgers standout and Hackensack star.
- What offers do you currently have?
Oquendo has offers from Rutgers, Maryland, Virginia Tech and Pittsburgh. The other schools are showing a lot of interesting are Michigan, Michigan State, Virginia, and Syracuse. There is a good chance for them to provide an offer during the May evaluation period.
- Who are your favorites? Why?
- Close to home and heading in the right direction with the facility and the coaching staff
- Close to home
- Have been winning a lot games
- Have not had a chance to talk to them
- They are recruiting him as a CB
- A lot there offense scheme
- They are recruiting him as a WR.
- He had a lot of family the lives in the area.
- He likes the defense.
- Do you have a preference on which position you want to play in college?
He stated that he has no peference to the position. Schools are recruiting him as a WR or DB and it will not effect which school he attends.
- What are your plans for the
summer? Camps, working out, etc.
He is currently not sure. Since a number of his team members are attending the Syracuse camp, it is a possible destination.
- What do you view as your biggest strength?
He views his biggest strengths as his versatility and his the ability to be coached.
- Is distance a factor in your recruitment?
Yes, he would like to stay on the east coast to play football. Currently, the further away from the east coast the school is located; the least desirable it would be for him to attend.
- Is there a possibilities of Davon Smart and yourself attending the same school?
He stated that since they have a lot of the same favorites, there is a decent possibility.
- What are some of your best performances
in other sports?
He participates in a number of events for the track team. His best performances and events are as follows:
110m Hurdles - 14.6
Intermediate Hurdles - 56.3
Long jump - 21.5
Triple jump - 44.1 feet
High jump - 6'4"
Click on the Photo to play the highlights
Donald "Big Dog"
Mike and the Big Dog LLC