Since it is less than one week before National Letter of Intent day and Rutgers has more than 18 commitments, the staff will host a limited number of visitors. They are as follows:
- Raymell Rice, New Rochelle HS, New Rochelle, NY, 5-9/190/4.40
- Darnell Stapleton, Hudson Valley Community, Troy, NY 6-3/305
- Darren Salinardi OL 6-4 285
- Ryan Blaszczyk, Shawnee HS, Medford, NJ 6-5/29
- Kevin Haslam, Mahwah HS, Mahwah, NJ, 6-7/265/5.20
- Gary Watts, Miami Norland HS, Miami, FL 6-4/225/4.80
- Nicholas Worzel, Wayne, NJ, 6-5/225/4.9
Although there are rumors of Ray Rice changing his mind, he is reportedly visiting Rutgers this weekend. As a junior, Rice was New York State player of the Year and has 1,332 yards and 11 TD's, caught 5 TD passes, and kicked 30 extra points.
Ryan Blaszczyk committed to Rutgers during the summer. As a freshman, he was named first-team All-State.
Kevin Haslam is an OL prospect, who recently appeared on the radar. Due to the team's need for OLs, he is a big focus.
Nicholas Worzel is a pro-style, dropback QB who's best football is in front of him.
The list was updated to add Darnell Stapleton and Darren Salinardi. Both players have already committed to the Scarlet Knights. Salinardi was a part of last year's class. Currently, he is in prep school and hope to join his twin brother Joe at Rutgers this Fall.
As LOI day approaches, Rutgers has a number of prospects that they are still involved with. Many of them will make a decision on LOI day. Some of the prospects are Jerome Hayes, Leron King, Antwane Cox, and Geoffrey McDermott. As always, there might be some surprises.
Stay tuned for more information and an update list.