His abilities have many teams divided in the position that he will play. However, Perez stated that he prefers playing FS due to the freedom to reading the offense and disrupting the plays.
Perez impressive abilities have garnished him over 30 offers. Some of his suitors include Virginia, Virginia Tech, USC, Boston College, Rutgers, North Carolina State, Tennessee, USC, Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan State, and Michigan.
In order to govern his decision making process, he has developing three factor that will assist him in making a decision. Since his football career will end that some point, he is looking for a school with a good academic reputation. Another factor is his relationship with the coaching staff and the players. He is looking for a program with a family atmosphere allowing him to fit in. Finally, he would like to play for a program that will play for the national championship every year.
Although he has many choices and possible destinations, Perez has already begun to develop his list of favorites. His top five are North Carolina State, Tennessee, USC, Ohio State, and Michigan. He has the below comments regarding his favorites:
- Recruiting him to play QB
- Among the first schools to offer him in his freshmen year
- He has developed a good relationship with his recruiting coach.
- His cousin Turk McBride plays for the school.
- Visited the school during the summer of his freshman year and liked the weather and the facilities.
- feels very comfortable
- the best of the best
- likes the location - LA
- his recruiting Coach Todd McNair is found his hometown and has developed a good relationship
- Recruiting him to play FS
- One of the top defenses in the nation
- He would like to play where it is warm but the weather will not be a determining factor
- They always have a top defense
- They have one of the biggest stadiums in the nation, which would make the game day atmosphere great.
What are his feelings on Rutgers? He stated that they gave him his first scholarship offer in his sophomore year. The fact that they were among the first keeps them in consideration. He also likes the fact that they are a program on the rise.
Perez might make an early decision. He is currently on time to graduate in December. Therefore, he enter college in January.
Notes: He plans on attending the Nike, Blue Chip, and Elite combines. In June, he plans on attending camp at USC. He has not been able to attend College Junior Days because of track. Some of his best track times are 22.8 in the 200-meters and 49.3 in the 400-meters.