Coaches are always looking for prospects that have good athleticism, speed, and the ability to hit. Ryan D'Imperio meets a lot of these points and more. At Washington Twp. HS last season, he ran for over 1,000 yards and 14 touchdowns from his halfback position. On defense, he had 77 tackles, 3 INTs, 1 forced fumble, returned a fumble for a touchdown from his middle linebacker position. To show you his versatility, D'Imperio ran the 200 meters (24.1), 55 meters hurdles (7.95), 55 meters dash (7.5), and 400 meters (52.1) along with playing catcher on the baseball team.
D'Imperio's abilities have not escape the notice of major college programs. West Virginia and Rutgers are the first to extend offers. However, Penn State, Michigan, Virginia, Maryland,and Wisconsin have been keeping a very close eye and additional offers might not be far behind.
Before the recruiting process gets too hectic, D'Imperio has already decided upon his top five schools. In order, they are Virginia, Maryland, Rutgers, Virginia Tech, and Penn State.
D'Imperio has the following to say about his favors:
- Likes the tradition and the Academics
- The fact that he is the school is about 5 hours away
- His current favor
- Likes the relationship that he has developed with Al Golden
- Like that campus and the fact that it is noticed as the number 1 public university.
- On the rise
- He would like to attend a school in the south that is on the east coast.
- Likes the location
- Always likes the school since he was a child
- There is a chance for early playing time due to the number of senior LBs
- The coaches came to his house when his brother (Hugh)was being recruited and it was among his brother's favors.
- He has a really good relationship with the coaching and calls them a lot.
- Likes that amount of interest they they have been showing him.
- Like the possibility of playing in-state.
- He visited the school for the MSU game and Junior Day.
- Likes the campus and the facilities.
- Likes the proximity.
- Likes the recruiting coach and has a great relationship with him.
- He is definitely going to take an official visit to the school.
D'Imperio intends on making an official visit to his current top five schools.
The three biggest factors in his decision making process is the location and academics of the school along with how the program is building for the future. He will take all of his visits before making a decision. Before that decision made is he will get input from his family, his high school coaches, and guidance counselor.
"Big Dog" Forbes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike and the Big Dog LLC