Saint Peter's Prep in Jersey City, New Jersey has produced a number of Division IA players in recent memory. In the past ten years, the school has sent players to Notre Dame, Virginia, Michigan, and Boston College. This year's latest Division 1A prospect is Keearye Griffin, a talented running back and defensive back.
While sharing the RB position with Mike Brown and Rashawn Jackson (both at Virginia), he ran for 973 yards on 78 carries. In just three games this season, Griffin has amassed close to 500 yards rushing. In his first game, he had 158 yards on 15 carries along with a punt return of 60 yards against Hudson Catholic. Against Emerson, he had.130 yards on 10 attempts and a TD. Against Ferris, he gained 210 on 15 carries along with 2 TDs.
He states that Michigan State is his current leader. Although the school has not offered Griffin, they have made a good enough impression to lead for his services. He does feel that an official offer is imminent.
Below is what Griffin has to say about his favorites:
- Good academic and athletic program
- Likes the run oriented offense
- Has developed a good relationship with the coaching staff.
- They are a good RB school.
- A program on the rise.
- Have one of the biggest schools in the country.
- Strong football program
- Really likes the academics
- Likes the number of RBs that they have put in the NFL
He will start to setup visits in the next four weeks. Before making a decision, he will take all of his visits.
Below are his factors for making a decision:
- A strong academic school with the facilities and capabilities to assist him in obtaining a degree.
- A good game and school atmosphere.
- A program with a winning tradition.
Note: Griffin's Father and Uncle played for Florida A&M.
Donald "Big Dog"
Mike and the Big Dog LLC