Coaches are always searching for athletic linemen with the ability to play a multitude of positions. Chris Daino is one such player. At 6'4"-270lbs with a 5.0 forty, Daino is athletic enough to play the offensive or defensive lines in college. On defense, he plays defensive end where he has compiled 12 tackles and a sack this season. While on offense, he has registered 24 pancakes from his offensive tackle position.
His efforts have not gone unnoticed, as he has garnered scholarship offers from Rutgers
and Akron along with strong interest from Kentucky, Connecticut, Michigan State,
Boston College, and Vanderbuilt. Due to the tone of his coach's conversations
with Kentucky, he expect the SEC school to tender an offer soon. In a testimony
towards his versatility, all of the schools recruiting him are varying on which
side of the ball to play him.
Daino lists his favorites, in order as, Rutgers, Akron, Kentucky, and Michigan State.
- Feels the program is on the rise.
- Has top notch facilities.
- Anticipates a winning season.
- Has developed a great relationship with Coach Galiano.
- Feels that there is good leadership provided by Head Coach Greg Schiano.
- It is a good school that he is looking to find out more about.
- He will be taking an official visit to the school.
- Has a good program
- His high school head coach coached at the school.
- He has developed a good relationship with his recruiting coach.
At the end of the football season, Daino will start to make his official visits. However, he stated that he might not take all of his visits before making a final decision. If he feels strongly towards a school, he will commit.
Daino lists the below as factors in making a decision:
- Location - He would like to remain relatively close to home.
- Academics - He is searching for a school with a good academic reputation
- Atmosphere. - A school with a good atmosphere for the game along with the general school life.