Division 1A defensive linemen are difficult to find, especially interior players. Therefore, coaches hold these players in high regard and they normally garner a lot of attention. Charlie Noonan is starting to gather more attention from college recruiters. The 6'3"-255lbs defensive lineman runs the forty yard dash in 4.72 seconds and boasts a bench press of 390lbs. On the football field, he has a motor that just does not stop. In the three games that his high school team has played this season, Noonan has registered three sacks along with 21 tackles while being double teamed.
Schools like Indiana, Rutgers, New Mexico State, Toledo, and Towson have not
wasted any time offering him. However, Northwestern, Colorado State, and Connecticut
are starting to join in on his recruitment.
Noonan list his top 3 schools as Rutgers, Indiana, and Toledo.
The below are his feelings on each of the schools:
- Attended the Rutgers camp. Although he did not get an opportunity to see the campus, he really liked the athletic facilities.
- He liked the feel for the team and the coaching staff.
- Has not seen the school but he likes what he has seen from the mailings
- Like the reputation of the business school.
- Likes the winning tradition of the school.
- Likes the coaching staff
At the end of the season, he will start scheduling his visits. As far as a time period of making a decision, he will take all of his visits before selecting a school.
Donald "Big Dog"
Mike and the Big Dog LLC