For those out there who do not know the name John Maddox, let me aquaint you with him. He is among the best wide receivers in the Northeast. At 6'2"-170lbs, Maddox is a big play threat whenever he touches the football. As a junior Maddox caught 23 passes for 505 yds and 11 TDs and defensively he registered 65 tackles and 10 INTS.
It should be noted that Maddox is a good DB and he states that it really does not matter which position he will play in college.
Scout.com's northeast recruiting expert Bob Lichtenfels describes him as the following "Maddox is a thin player, but has tremendous ball skills. He uses his body well to shield defenders from the ball". As far as potential, Lichtenfels states that "he probably will end up as a #2 WR (in college), protype possession guy, doesn't have that breakaway speed."
Due to Maddox's abilities and accomplishments, he has offers from over 30 schools. However, he has narrowed his list down to North Carolina, West Virginia, Syracuse, Purdue, Michigan State, Notre Dame and Rutgers. Currently, he states that all of the teams are equal and he is open to attending any of the schools on his favorites list.
Below is Maddox's comments regarding his favorites:
- On the weekend of September 16th, he took his first official visit to the school and enjoyed it.
- They treated him first class and he liked the chemistry between the coaches and players
- Has a good academic reputation
- Likes the facilities and the campus' atmosphere.
- Likes the campus
- Developed a good relationship with the coaches.
- Likes the coaches and the football facilities
- Although there are a number of players from the Philly area on the team, it will not play a role in his decision making process.
- Visited the campus a number of times
- Very familiar with the coaches
- The campus is very nice
- Very cool with the coaches
- Fighting to get them on his top five list.
- Has a great comfort level with the school and program.
Although he has visited North Carolina, he is not sure when he will schedule another visit. But he plans on taking one more visit before the end of the year. In January, he plans on taking his final three visit and making his decision.
Regarding his decision, his step-mother, father, grandmother, and aunt will be involved in the process. Therefore, he will not make a decision until taking all of his visits
Factors in making his decision:
- Reviewing the program's roster for players at his position.
- A good graduation rate and good academic reputation.
- A good comfort level between his position and recruiting coach.
Donald "Big Dog"
Mike and the Big Dog LLC