Over the next month, he plans on taking unofficial visits to Rutgers and Penn State, during one of their home games.
D'Imperio stated the following about his favorites:
- his current leader.
- Likes the facilities.
- The program is on the rise and he would like to be a part of it.
- The school has good academics.
- Has developed a great relationship with them, especially his recruiting coach - Coach Galiano.
- Loves the proximity to home, specifically his ability to go home and return to the school in a day.
- Dan Betteridge, his best friend has committed to Rutgers to play baseball.
- Likes the fact his family can see him play and his parents can visit him. Also, likes the fact that he is away but still home.
- Does not know that much about WVU.
- Still looking to find out more about the school.
- Likes the academics, fans, and the facilities especially the stadium.
- Knows a number of people who attend the school.
- He is still looking to check out the campus and find out more information.
Although he currently has a leader, D'Imperio is not looking to make a decision before taking all of his visits. In order to focus on his season, he will start scheduling visits after the season.
For those who might not know, D'Imperio's brother, Hugh, was one of the most recruited players in the state of New Jersey two years ago. His brother has passed his experience from the recruiting process to him. Therefore, D'Imperio set up some criteria for making a decision. They are as follows:
* a school that is relatively close to home.
* a school with good academics.
* take all visits before making a decision.
Finally, due to D'Imperio's athleticism, he does have the ability to play fullback at the collegiate level. For D'Imperio, it does not matter which position he plays offense or defense and early playing time is not a key in making a decision
Ryan's brother Hugh left Michigan State earlier this year and is currently enrolled in Gloucester Community College. After completing this academic year, he will transfer to another JUCO where he can play football then start the recruiting process again.