The state of New Jersey has a number of good division 1A prospects in the 2006 class. However, there are only a few of them that are as versatile as Matt Hardison. At 6'3"-240lbs and 4.6 speed in the forty, he has the ability to play a number of positions in college. In high school, he has played OLB, TE, H-back, DE, and WR. Any of these positions, he can play at the collegiate level. Although he stated that it does not matter which position he plays in college, he would prefer to play offense.
His abilities have not gone unnoticed. He has collected offers from Rutgers, Connecticut, Louisville, Cincinnati, Delaware, Temple, and Ohio State. He also stated that he is awaiting an offer from Michigan State.
Although he is still finalizing his favorites list, he stated that North Carolina, Rutgers, Louisville and Ohio State are among his favorites.
Below are his feelings on his top two schools:
- Since basketball is his first love, North Carolina is his dream school.
- One of his best friends is former Nebraska QB and current North Carolina QB, Joe Dailey. He stated that it is a great school.
- They have not offered him but they are among his favorites.
- He knows a number of players and coaches
- He has been to a few games and he likes the atmosphere
- The fact that they are winning makes the school a lot more attractive.
Since he is a New Jersey native, he has visited the Rutgers campus a number of times. His last visit was Rutgers vs. Navy. He was impressed by the excitement in the stadium and the performance of the team. One of his high school coaches is former Rutgers standout Rashod Swinger, who has assisted him in the recruiting process.
After the season, he will start to schedule his visits. However, he is not sure whether he will take all of his visits before making a decision to commit during a visit. However, he stated that his parents will have an influence in his decision making process.