New Jersey appears to have a large number of Division IA prospects throughout the state. Among the state's best players is Duval Kamara. At 6'4"-205lbs and 4.55 in the forty, he is a big WR with sprinter's speed. As a junior, he used his formidable size and speed to amass almost 1,000 receiving yards along with 10 touchdowns.
His efforts did not go unnoticed. He has obtained scholarship offers from Tennessee, Rutgers, Virginia, Penn State, Boston College, Miami, Connecticut, and Maryland. Currently, he has no favorites and stated that he is wide open with no stated preferences for a conference or part of the country. However, he does have a prerequisite for a possible suitor - they must throw the ball a lot. This means that he is looking for a team with a wide open offense. Therefore, it is important for the team to have a good QB along with another good one coming in. There are two other criteria. The program should have a good Computer Science program and coaches that he can develop a good relationship with.
Although Kamara has not attended any college camps, he did have an opportunity to visit a number of college campuses and had the following to say:
- "I like the coaches; they are great, and fun to be around".
- "The weight room is great. The 60 yard turf in the weight room was impressive".
- "They are building a new facility so I did not see it. I liked the stadium."
- "During game day, it is crazy. I love the atmosphere. I like everything about it."
- "I visited them recently. I like the software that reviews the WR routes. They have all of the routes. You just need to enter it to see it.
This summer, Kamara plans on attending three camps. Currently, he has a plan
to attend his childhood favorite team Miami for camp. The other two are yet
to be determined.