Nicholas Jenkins is among the best linemen in the northeast region. This 6'3"-290lb prospect is versatile enough to play either offensive guard or defensive tackle on the collegiate level. As a DT last season, Jenkins registered 78 tackles, 3 sacks, and 3 fumble recoveries on his way to a number of post season honors. His efforts were rewarded with scholarship offers from Michigan State, Penn State, Maryland, North Carolina, Rutgers, and Kansas State. In addition to these offers, Jenkins has received strong interest from Virginia, Virginia Tech, Texas A&M, Florida, Miami, Michigan, all of the Big Ten schools, and most of the ACC schools.
Although Jenkins likes both offense and defense, he prefers to play the defensive line. However, he realizes that "a school will place me where they need me. Therefore, if it is offense, I know that it will be OG. If it is defense, it will be DT."
Regarding a favorite among his list of suitors, he states that it is too early in the process to have a list of favorites or even one school listed as a favorite. He stated that "I am waiting to see what my options are. During the summer, I will research all of the schools so I can take my official visits where I feel comfortable."
Jenkins has the following to say about the schools that he currently has an offer from:
- Maryland - It is close to home. Maryland and Penn State have been recruitng me since the 10th grade. Therefore, both of the schools are at the top of his list.
- Penn State / Michigan State - He has a liking for Big Ten football. So these schools will likely be among his favorites.
- Rutgers - "I do not know much about them but I am happy to have an offer from them"
- North Carolina - "I like the warm weather, the nice campus, and good college life."
- Kansas State - "Coach Prince is there. He recruited me heavily while at Virginia. They have not even seen my film but offered me on his (Coach Prince) recommendation."
Over the next few months, Jenkins will be attending the Elite, Nike (Penn State), and Scout All-American Combines.