While Eure has remained focused on the football aspect of things this summer, his primary goal has been in the classroom. Eure is taking a pair of summer classes at Parkland and making sure that the grades fall in line first, realizing that football cannot result without first achieving success in the classroom.
1. SOR: How have you been spending your summer?
Eure: I have been spending my summer time wisely by taking summer courses to boost my GPA. Also, I have been going to practice, and also I have been in training, working on my speed, route running, and strength. So, my summer hasn't been all that fun but yet it is helping my future.
I have been doing well in my classes. I am treating it as if it was a whole school year, because it isn't everyday you get a chance to take classes over and get the entire grade changed. So I am doing what I have to do to have an (A) in my History class and in my Chemistry class.
2. SOR: Talk about your effort in the classroom.
Eure: I am making a real big effort in class mainly because my future life depends on it. Like I said earlier, I will not make the same mistake twice -- never again. You live and you learn and I have learned and I will not fail again. Too much depends on it and I have too many people counting on me. So I will not let everyone down because if I do then I will never forgive myself. So I am taking class seriously.
3. SOR Talk about your preparation for your senior season.
Eure: I have been going to pratice and I have also been doing my own training by myself. For the simple fact that I never think I am ready for that next thing that may be out there. I feel as though I am always unprepared for something and I can be ready, but I need that insurance that gives me the extra kick. So while the next man is sleeping or playing video games I am still working. Or if I am not working out I am studying my playbook because it is new to me. So whenever I get the chance I will look at that, because I will tell you this right now, I am scared to fall, so I put as much work in as possible. Day in and day out it is school and football. If I want to be the best I have to work harder than the rest.
4. SOR: Just to finish off with a bit on your recruitment. Talk about your favorite schools.
Eure: My top schools are the best schools that fit me. Athletically and academically.
1. RUTGERS - I love this school, its team and staff. I love the facilities and everything that comes with it. When I am there they make me feel at home, it is a family feel over there and I can't ask for more than that.
Also they use their Tight-Ends quite often and that also plays a big part in my decision.
2. CONNECTICUT - They were the first school to show me love and I would be a fool if I didn't do the same. Talk about family feel, they treated me like I was one of them for the past 3 years. So they are definately in my Top 2. Also, they have a up and coming program and they will soon be a big name in the Big East in a few years.
3. WEST VIRGINIA - Now, they are rather new on my list but they came after me really hard and I always liked their program. So when I found out that they were interested I was happy. They got in contact with me after the Elite Combine and we talked and they started sending mail and they said I have an offer on the way so that could be big. It also helps that they are in the Top 5 of the entire NCAA so that plays a big part.
4. MARYLAND - They are not new on the list but they are starting top to rise up. I always liked Maryland but never knew the feel down there. So when I went to camp down there I loved it. The way they coach, and the campus, and the facilities are very nice and they loved me down there. I did not want to leave. They too have the family feel factor down there and that plays a big part. Also they to use the Tight-End so that plays a part.
5. PITTSBURGH - Now I like this school because they came to see to see what kind of person I was and not for what I can do on the football feild. The other reason is that they use the Tight-End. Also the coaches are real cool guys and I can see myself playing for them.
Matei can be reached at email@example.com