Dorien Bryant (WR/DB, 6'0"-180lbs) from Kingsway High School in New Jersey is not only one of the best players in the nation, he is one of the fastest. He has had reported forty times from 4.25 to 4.39. His speed also translates onto the football field, where one opposing coach said that he is the fastest high school player he have ever seen. His football ability and speed his garnish him over 55 scholarship offers.
He lists his favorites as Boston College, North Carolina State, Tennessee, Illinois, Michigan, and Notre Dame.
- He loves the atmosphere. During the last two years, he attended football camp there and loved the campus, the town of Boston, and the coaching staff.
- He feels that he can play early.
- One of the perennial top programs in the country
- During the summer, he visited the school and loved the coaching staff
North Carolina State
- He likes the area
- He views the program as an up and coming program
- He feels that he has an opportunity to play early
- During the summer, he visited the school and loved it.
- His high school coach played football there and was the roommate of the current head coach.
- He likes what they are doing with their program by winning the Big 10
- He sees himself being a part of it
- He likes the tradition of the program and the academics
- He likes the change to the West Coast Offense. Before the change, he would not have considered the school.
Where does Rutgers stand?
Although he has previously mentioned the willingness to leave the state of New Jersey, Bryant is not ready to take Rutgers out of the picture. He loves the coaching staff and there recruitment of him. He went as far as saying that it is not out of the question for him to take an official visit. Why? Although he would prefer to leave the state, he still has roots in New Jersey. The ability to stay home and play in his home state keeps the Scarlet Knights in the picture. He views Rutgers as being in his top 10. Remember that he has over 55 scholarship offers.
Donald "Big Dog"
Mike and the Big Dog's LLC