The school closes to his New York home is Rutgers. Ebanks stated that "my mother really likes them and that is where she wants me to go. I have a good relationship with Coach Carter which is the best among any of the coaches who are recruiting me. Coach Hill has developed a lot of pros but they are a rebuilding program".
Regarding the Indiana Hoosiers, Ebanks stated that "I really loved it out there. My mother and I visited the school and were happy with what we saw. But it was not just basketball, it was the players on the team, the student body, and the surroundings. The place just loves basketball and the coaching staff are just good people".
For the Miami Hurricanes, Ebanks has developed a good relationship with the Miami head coach. He stated that "he is a good leader who has made me feel comfortable with the recruiting process. I loved the visit particularly the town and atmosphere."
But why would a player of Ebanks talent commit so early? For Ebanks, the recruiting process was becoming overwhelming. The fact that college coaches would have the ability to call and visit him more as a senior would have effected his focus on his senior season. He wanted to have a chance to put more emphasis on his academics and making himself a better player. More importantly, he does not feel the need to extend the process any further when he has a decision made.
So which school is Ebanks leaning towards? Ebanks stated "Indiana and Miami are running neck and neck with Rutgers very much in the picture". The decision will be made on which school could provide him with the opportunity to succeed academically and athletically. His relationship with the coaching staff will also play a big factor. Since he has develop such a good relationship with all of the coaches, the decision will be that much more difficult. Ebanks is also looking for a program where he can make his mark but also a place that he could win. All three programs will provide him with this opportunity so it is difficult to predict where he will decide. So we will need to wait until Saturday to find out for sure.