Kevin Eagan still torn between two BE schools

Kevin Eagan saw his recruitment pick up late in the recruiting process. The late surge in attention did not provide him with a lot of time to make a decision before national signing day. However, Eagan has been taking his time in making a decision because he has been torn between two Big East schools.

Kevin Eagan, the 6’4 ½ 235 lb DE from Northwest Catholic in West Hartford, CT is a kid that really blossomed his senior year. On the season, he was a menace to opponents from the end position, totaling 75 tackles and 10 sacks. “I had a good senior season. I played with a high motor all year and things paid off”.

The son of former Boston College football player Mike Eagan Sr., and brother of former UNH DT Mike Eagan Jr, Kevin attended only one camp this summer- at BC – and he may have not evolved at the time. “I went to the BC camp and did well. At the time, they did not think I was big enough. But as the year progressed, I gained some extra muscle. I went from 215, to about 230-235 now. But they had filled up at the DE position by then. In the mean time, I got stronger and matured as a player”.

And it was not until the fall that he began to receive Division I offer. “We sent film to some schools and my first DI offer was Temple back in September. Then in December, UConn came in with an offer and Rutgers followed up with an offer a few days later. It became then that those two programs would become my top schools. It is an honor to be wanted by both those institutions. They are great schools academically, and top football programs. Both have great facilities. I really liked the players at both schools. I could see myself really enjoying being a part of either program”.

The problem for Eagan is not finding the right fit. He feels both schools would be a right fit. And both schools have done a great job presenting their respective schools. “The problem is I think I would fit in great at either program. I loved my visit to UConn and I also loved my visit to Rutgers . But my recruitment started a little bit late and I have been taking it all in. I find myself not ready to make a decision. I was hoping to have one for signing day and when that did not happen, I had hoped for one for the day after. I know I need to make a decision soon. I want to make sure I make the right decision, but I am still confused”.

In the mean time, Eagan has kept in touch with both coaching staffs. “I really like and respect Coach Edsall and Coach Schiano. They are both great men. I spoke to both staffs and they are just waiting for me to make my decision. Hopefully something clicks and makes me choose one program over the other. But as of right now, I can only find pros in both places, and not any cons. My family, friends and coaches will continue to help my think this through. I have been getting great support and they want me to make the best decision for me. I have no time table as of now, but I expect a decision to come soon. This has been really tough”.

Scarlet Report Top Stories