National Top 100
Scout.com's initial Top 100 List, the first of several updates for the 2009 recruiting class is out. The Scarlet Knights have stepped forward with scholarship offers to many of the nation's top prospects, including 8 of the network's Top 100 players. Rutgers has also extended offers to 18 members of the network's initial Top 300 list.
Below, we take a look at the recipients of RU offers by members of the National Top 100 initially, and then National Top 300 to close things off.
13. Dorian Bell - Gateway SHS, Monroeville, PA
Bell led Gateway with 131 tackles during his Junior season, a year during which Shayne Hale spent time wrecking havoc at DE. Despite the presence of Hale, Bell still dominated.
18. Eric Shrive - West Scranton HS, Scranton, PA
A fiery OL that is equally adept at pass or run blocking, Shrive will have the world to choose from by the time schools are all said and done with their offers.
24. Jelani Jenkins - Our Lady Good Counsel, Wheaton, MD
Jenkins registered 60 tackles, four sacks, an interception, a forced fumble and recovered two fumbles as a junior on defense. He also rushed for 791 yards and 16 touchdowns as a junior.
67. Anthony LaLota - The Hun School, Princeton, NJ
LaLota's future will be on the defensive side of the ball, at DE. LaLota has been racking up offers at a furious rate and what's most impressive about this outstanding athlete is that he's only been playing 'ball for 1 year.
76. Aaron Hayward - Penns Grove HS, Carneys Point, NJ
The Southern NJ product should see a significant spike in his offer sheet once he starts getting out to additional schools.
80. Antwan Lowery - Christopher Columbus HS, Miami, FL
Lowery, the brother of current Rutgers LB Antonio Lowery, is by all means a national recruit that already holds several offers in hand in addition to the one from the Scarlet Knights.
83. Darrell Givens - Lackey HS, Indian Head, MD
Givens has impressive size at a position that requires more of it it with each passing day. As bigger WRs continue to be recruited big and fast prospects like Givens (6-foot-1 and 180-pounds) become that much more essential to a class' success.
97. Tom Savage - Cardinal O'Hara HS, Springfield, PA
Savage is the sole recipient of a Rutgers offer at the QB position, which should speak volumes to Rutgers fans about the level of interest RU has in the Key-Stone State product.
Scout.com National Top 300
112. Travis Hawkins - Quince Orchard HS, Gaithersburg, MD
119. Sean Stanley - Gaithersburg HS, Gaithersburg MD
140. Carlo Calabrese - Verona HS, Verona, NJ
161. E. J. Banks - Montour HS, Mc Kees Rocks, PA
189. Nyshier Oliver - St. Peter's Prep, Jersey City, NJ
199. Shawney Kersey - Woodbury Junior SHS, Woodbury, NJ
238. Justin Brown - Concord HS, Wilmington, DE
248. Glenn Carson - Southern Regional HS, Manahawkin, NJ
296. Isaac Holmes - Hoboken HS, Hoboken, NJ
300. Raynard Randolph - Gwynn Park HS, Brandywine, MD
Top 300 Rutgers Offers By State
Delaware - 1
Florida - 1
Maryland - 5
New Jersey - 7
Pennsylvania - 4
Note: Only those uncommitted prospects currently listing RU in their Top 8 are discussed. For example, Rutgers has extended an offer to 2. RB Bryce Brown [East HS, Wichita, KS], but as a committed prospect, Brown is not included in the discussion above.
For the complete offer list, known to date, please Click Here.