1. How is South Florida's offense different with B.J. Daniels at quarterback instead of Matt Grothe?
Matt Grothe was the leader of this squad and even though it's hard to replace the experience that comes with 40 starts, the Bulls offense isn't very different with B.J. at the helm. Like Grothe, B.J. can beat you with his arm or his legs, and with his elusiveness can keep plays alive. The one thing Daniels does bring is a cannon of an arm and a running back build.
2. South Florida has a reputation for sputtering late in the season. Is this valid, and if so why?
You could say it was a valid argument considering in 2007 the Bulls climbed as high as No.2 in the country and in 2008 got as high as No. 10, but finished outside of the top 25 in all major polls both years.
However, this year is a different team and the win over the West Virginia has the Bulls on path to finish strong, and put all those demons to bed.
3. If leading receiver Carlton Mitchell cannot play, how does this impact the receiving corps, and the offense?
Whenever you lose a player that leads the team in receiving and scoring it's going to affect the offense. However, the Bulls have a stable of receivers, most notably Dontavia Bogan, A.J. Love, Jessie Hester, Sterling Griffin and Theo Wilson, and one of them needs to step up.
4. Who should Rutgers be more concerned about – DE George Selvie or DE Jason Pierre-Paul?
Pick your poison with that one. On one side you have the two-time All-American Selvie, who is a proven commodity, and on the other side you have Pierre-Paul, who has great size, long arms and is simply explosive off the ball.
5. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the defense?
The strength of the defense begins with the defensive line and the pressure that they can create. The linebacker unit is solid and led by senior Kion Wilson. They also have two seniors in the secondary Nate Allen and Jerome Murphy, who always have to be accounted for. The only area that may be a weakness is the youth at the corner position.
6. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the offense?
Obliviousl,y the strength of the offense is QB B.J. Daniels, and how he makes the defense account for him on every play. At the same time his inexperience and timing with the receivers could be considered a weakness as well.