Differences in recruiting strategies have led Fresno State and San Jose State to be in few battles for talent in recent years, but there are still plenty of players in Saturday’s game who were pursued by both teams.
- The following players are documented by Scout as having both Fresno State and San Jose State scholarship offers in the recruiting process:
- WR Josiah Blandin
- ILB Michael Lazarus
- WR Jamire Jordan
- WR Da’Mari Scott
- ILB Jeff Camilli
- WR Delvon Hardaway
- OLB Ejiro Ederaine
- LB Jamaal Rose
- RB Malique Micenheimer
San Jose State
- WR Tae’on Mason
- S Jeremy Kelly
- CB Dakari Monroe
- WR Tyler Winston
- RB Brandon Monroe
- DE Eugene Taylor
- OL Evan Sarver
Looking toward the 2016 class
- Fresno State commit Justin Rice committed to Fresno State. He holds an offer from San Jose State.
- San Jose State has a commit from Fresno, Central HS defensive lineman Elijah Parks
- Fresno State and San Jose State are known to have offered five recruits in common for the 2016 class:
- DE Chibu Onyeukwu - Contra Costa College
- OL Liam Ryan - Damien HS
- DE Emmanuel Fesili - Long Beach Poly
- S Jonathan Lenard - Rio Mesa HS
- DE Jaelen Lewis - Antelope HS
Other fun facts in personnel for the 2015 edition of the Fresno State / San Jose State rivalry:
- Though San Jose State safety Vincenté Miles and Fresno State wide receiver KeeSean Johnson don’t share the same last name, they are brothers. Miles is also cousins with former Fresno State wide receiver Davante Adams who is currently playing for the Green Bay Packers.
- San Jose State safety Simon Connette is the brother of Brandon Connette, who served as a reserve quarterback for the Bulldogs last year in a graduate transfer season by way of Duke.
- San Jose State has three players from Fresno on its roster: CB Andre Chachere of Clovis West High School, Christian Hill of Sanger/Edison high schools and CB Dehlon Preston of Central High School.
- Fresno State has two players from San Jose on its roster: LB Jamaal Rose and K Kody Kroening, both of Valley Christian High School.
- Three Fresno State receivers were all initially committed to San Jose State before becoming Bulldogs: Josiah Blandin, Delvon Hardaway and Jamire Jordan.
- San Jose State starting quarterback (if healthy) Kenny Potter and Fresno State starting wide receiver Josiah Blandin played together last year at Long Beach City College.
- San Jose State freshman, walk-on quarterback Josh Love of Long Beach Poly was told by Fresno State last year that he would have an offer if a certain recruit did not commit. Days later, Chason Virgil made his commitment to the Bulldogs.
- Fresno State wide receiver Delvon Hardaway was high school teammates with San Jose State quarterback Joe Gray and safety David Williams at Dorsey High School.
- San Jose State freshmen Josh Oliver and Bailey Gaither committed out of Paso Robles High School, the same school as Fresno State’s starting guard Bo Bonnheim.
- In 2013, Anthony Carlsen and Michael Martens transferred away from Azusa Pacific - Carlsen to SJSU and Martens to Fresno State.