Did you know?
- Sophomore Jason Martin is the only Spartan to have started all 61 games for SJSU in 2009
- San Jose State leads the Western Athletic Conference in batters hit-by-pitches, with 106. The school record is 112 set in 2007
- Junior Kyle Bellows led the conference in hits with 93
- SJSU set a team record in 2009 with 135 doubles
- Jason Martin has a team-leading 23 game hitting streak
- Junior Corey Valine has a hitting streak of 21 games, giving the Spartans the two longest current streaks in the conference
- Senior John Shaffer has a career-best four home runs in 2009
- Senior Jacob Bruns and Kyle Bellows share the team lead in doubles with 16
- Anthony Aguilera threw out 20 runners attempting to steal bases
- Jason Martin led the team in runs scored with 68
- San Jose State batters struck out nine times in a game three times in 2009
SJSU will find out later today if their season will be extended. Tune in to ESPN at 9:30 PDT to watch the NCAA Championship Selection Show.
Keep up on all the latest San Jose State team and recruiting news by signing up for a Total Access Pass. For as little as $7.95 per month you'll have access to all Scout.com Network content including videos. Your support allows Inside Sparta to continue bringing you the very best in Spartan news. Sign up today and get a 7-Day free trial!
Don Hoekwater is the Publisher of Inside Sparta. You may contact Don with any questions, comments, or tips at firstname.lastname@example.org
Better yet, join the rest of the Inside Sparta community in discussions of this article, and more, on the Inside Sparta Discussion Forums!