- The team got in over 100 plays during practice
- Freshman quarterback Dasmen Stewart went down at the end of the scrimmage with an unknown injury. SJSU head coach Dick Tomey said afterward that they would need to evaluate Stewart to gauge the extent of the injury
- Anyone of questionable health was held out of practice, including senio defensive end Justin Cole
- Field goal and extra point kicking will need some work. All but one kick failed to make it through the uprights during the scrimmage
- Senior running back Patrick Perry saw his first contact today and scored a touchdown
- Coach Tomey said that the team is working with most of the playbook
- He added that they will begin practicing for USC about 10 days prior to the game
- Freshman cornerback Chris Hill was mentioned by Coach Tomey as one of the incoming players who was impressing
- Freshman defensive tackle Judd Meadows returned a fumble for a touchdown on the last play of the scrimmage
- Tomey said the team will have one more long scrimmage during the fall, and one shorter session
- Receivers had some great catches, including a leaping touchdown grab by junior Marquis Avery, but they also dropped quite a few
Keep up on all the latest San Jose State team and recruiting news by signing up for a Total Access Pass. For as little as $7.95 per month you'll have access to all Scout.com Network content including videos. Your support allows Inside Sparta to continue bringing you the very best in Spartan news. Sign up today and get a 7-Day free trial!
Don Hoekwater is the Publisher of Inside Sparta. You may contact Don with any questions, comments, or tips at firstname.lastname@example.org
Better yet, join the rest of the Inside Sparta community in discussions of this article, and more, on the Inside Sparta Discussion Forums!