Here are my current rankings of the Big East teams as of Dec. 3, 2005.
1) Connecticut – Wins over Arizona and Gonzaga mean the Huskies are the BE's best so far.
2) Villanova – Oklahoma victory after playing 3 cupcakes show that the Wildcats are for real.
3) Louisville – won't play anyone good until Kentucky on Dec. 17.
4) Pittsburgh – Rolling along against an easy schedule.
5) Syracuse – Loss to Bucknell and close win over Manhattan hurt the Orange.
6) Georgetown – Nice win over Oregon, loss to Vanderbilt hurts a little but Vanderbilt Coach Stallings should be on any major conference school's coaching wish list (Hear that Seton Hall?)
7) West Virginia – Too many losses so far albeit against a very touch schedule so far.
8) Cincinnati – Losses to two decent teams, next up is the aforementioned Vanderbilt team.
9) Notre Dame – Two straight losses hurt, especially to Michigan at home.
10) Rutgers – Playing well especially defensively. Haven't had a real tough schedule yet but, at this point, appear to be the best of the lower side of the conference. Offense is weak.
11) Marquette – Nice Alaskan Shootout win but losses to Winthrop at home and at Nebraska means this young team still has a ways to go.
12) St. John's – Loss to Hofstra even without Hill hurts and has not looked real good in beating others.
13) Providence – Lost last two, also has not looked good in winning against lesser.
14) DePaul – Bad losses to Bradley, Northern Illinois, and Bucknell (may not be such a bad loss) really hurt but wins over Northwestern and Creighton keep them from the being closer to the basement.
15) Seton Hall – Was embarrassed at Duke and Richmond, unconvincing wins against lesser.
16) South Florida – Flat out a bad team with losses already to such powerhouses as Florida International and Texas A & M-Corpus Christi. Corpus Christi is a beautiful city and SPK almost transferred there but that basketball program is poor.
Seton Hall Insider Top Stories
No. 3 2017 PG Duval updates recruitmentCHICAGO - Scout's 3rd ranked 2017 prospect, Trevon Duval, has a final list of five. Where does the five-star prospect's recruitment stand? Scout caught up with Duval for a Q&A at…
Scout HoopsYesterday at 10:31 AM
Metro Challenge RecapMany of the DMV's top prospects got together over the weekend for the annual Metro Challenge. Players such as Noah Locke, Jermaine Harris, and Jalen Smith led the way. Here is a…
Scout HoopsYesterday at 6:50 AM
Rick Barnes targets JUCO standoutRick Barnes didn't waste time locating his top target for replacing departing point guard Kwe Parker.
Inside TennesseeYesterday at 5:34 AM
Recruiting Impact: Hopkins to WashingtonHow will Mike Hopkins departure impact Syracuse basketball recruiting?