- Spurrier started off by wishing everyone a Happy Holiday season.
- He said almost everyone should be healthy going into the bowl game.
- Spurrier said the Gamecocks' 10-2 regular season was a successful one, but added that Marcus Lattimore getting hurt was the downer of the the entire season.
- He said Lattimore is making the right decision entering the NFL draft.
- Spurrier said Jadeveon Clowney and Connor Shaw won't need surgery in the offseason, unless they get hurt in the bowl game.
- He said Michigan had one of the toughest schedules in the country, because their losses came to several top teams.
- He spoke about Denard Robinson and how tough it will be to stop him.
- Spurrier said LSU and Florida were Connor Shaw's worst games.
- He said he will play both Shaw and Dylan Thompson in the bowl game. He said Shaw will be the starting quarterback.
- Spurrier said Thompson may be one of those players who plays better in games than in practices.
- He said he is excited to play at Raymond James Stadium.
- Spurrier said he wears a black visor after the Gamecocks lose two games in a row. He also wears black pants and shoes. He thinks it is good luck.
- He said South Carolina will wear all garnet in the bowl game.
- Spurrier praised Michigan's left tackle Taylor Lewan and said the battle between Lewan and Clowney will be a fun one to watch.
- He spoke about his new cell phone and admits he likes to text.
- Spurrier said he attended both the South Carolina men's and women's basketball games Wednesday night. He said he was impressed with how both teams played.
- He said the 2013 preseason ranking will change dramatically if the Gamecocks lose the bowl game. Spurrier said South Carolina will have a top 10 preseason ranking if they win, a top 25 if they lose.
- Spurrier said running back Kenny Miles sprained his knee against Clemson and is still not full go. He said Shon Carson will play in the bowl game. He said Mike Davis and Carson have been alternating carries in practice.
- He said no juniors (other than Lattimore) are expected to leave for the NFL Draft.
Carolina Calls: Outback Bowl edition
Gamecock Anthem Top Stories
Brown garners elite attentionFive-star prospect Christian Brown was one of the top performers at the adidas Gauntlet, and elite schools continue to make him a priority recruit.
Scout Hoops11:32 AM
Gators Most Wanted in 2018FightinGators.com takes a look at the ten most wanted players in the 2018 class.
Fightin Gators10:43 AM
LSU Football Recruiting Reset: DefenseLSU's coaches are back on the road to see targets and commits so it's as good a time as ever to hit the reset on recruiting, starting with the defense.
Tiger Blitz10:35 AM
Elite 2019 Group Enjoys Visit to UGA:Dawg Post caught up with an elite trio from the 2019 class to talk about their latest visit to UGA
Dawg Post9:50 AM
2018 Breakdown: QuarterbacksBadgerNation takes a look at the 2018 recruiting class at each position. Today we look at the quarterbacks.
Badger Nation8:01 AM