- Spurrier started off by wishing everyone a Happy Holiday season.
- He said almost everyone should be healthy going into the bowl game.
- Spurrier said the Gamecocks' 10-2 regular season was a successful one, but added that Marcus Lattimore getting hurt was the downer of the the entire season.
- He said Lattimore is making the right decision entering the NFL draft.
- Spurrier said Jadeveon Clowney and Connor Shaw won't need surgery in the offseason, unless they get hurt in the bowl game.
- He said Michigan had one of the toughest schedules in the country, because their losses came to several top teams.
- He spoke about Denard Robinson and how tough it will be to stop him.
- Spurrier said LSU and Florida were Connor Shaw's worst games.
- He said he will play both Shaw and Dylan Thompson in the bowl game. He said Shaw will be the starting quarterback.
- Spurrier said Thompson may be one of those players who plays better in games than in practices.
- He said he is excited to play at Raymond James Stadium.
- Spurrier said he wears a black visor after the Gamecocks lose two games in a row. He also wears black pants and shoes. He thinks it is good luck.
- He said South Carolina will wear all garnet in the bowl game.
- Spurrier praised Michigan's left tackle Taylor Lewan and said the battle between Lewan and Clowney will be a fun one to watch.
- He spoke about his new cell phone and admits he likes to text.
- Spurrier said he attended both the South Carolina men's and women's basketball games Wednesday night. He said he was impressed with how both teams played.
- He said the 2013 preseason ranking will change dramatically if the Gamecocks lose the bowl game. Spurrier said South Carolina will have a top 10 preseason ranking if they win, a top 25 if they lose.
- Spurrier said running back Kenny Miles sprained his knee against Clemson and is still not full go. He said Shon Carson will play in the bowl game. He said Mike Davis and Carson have been alternating carries in practice.
- He said no juniors (other than Lattimore) are expected to leave for the NFL Draft.
Carolina Calls: Outback Bowl edition
Gamecock Anthem Top Stories
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017The updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the Scout 300.
SEC football grad rates, first to worstSee the newly released Graduation Success Rates for every SEC football program.
Week 12 CFB Rushing LeadersCheck out who put up big rushing numbers week 12 in college football.
Week 11 College Football PredictionsWeek 11 college football predictions for the 10 biggest games. The Pac-12 takes center stage for the first time all year, as red-hot USC travels to Seattle to take on unbeaten…