Kelley, Wallace named to AP All-SEC team
Kelley made the All-SEC first team and Wallace was named to the All-SEC Honorable Mention team. Kelley is the first Gamecock to be named to the All-SEC first team since BJ McKie was named first team AP and Coaches in 1998.
"As a tandem I can't think of two players that have given as much to Carolina's program during the course of their four years at the University as Brandon and Tre'. To have both honored on the All-SEC team in their final season makes me proud and happy for them and I am sure that their teammates and Gamecock fans join me in congratulating each one on their commitment and accomplishments as Gamecocks," said USC Head Coach Dave Odom.
2006-07: Averages 36.5 mpg/19.1 ppg/5.1 apg/2.6 rpg/0.9 spg
- IF HE SCORES 23 POINTS DURING THE REST OF THE SEASON HE WILL BE FIRST PLAYER TO EVER HAVE 1500 CAREER POINTS AND 500 CAREER ASSISTS
- Scored 18+ in 13 of 16 SEC games this year - including 19+ in last eight SEC games
- Has gotten an assist in 35.3% of his teammates made field goals. That puts him at 18th in the country in assist efficiency, with no other SEC player in the top 50.
- Led SEC w/ 21.1 ppg in league play; 2nd w/ 19.1 in overall play; 13 18+ PT games in SEC 4+ AST 21x - including season-high 8 AST 5 times; 40+ MIN 9x; 20+ in 13 games, 30+ in 2 games; 36 PT AT UK was a USC school record in SEC play
- CAREER LISTS: 1477 career points are No. 9 all-time. No. 2 in games played (133), No. 3 in assists (505), No. 3 in 3 point FG attempted (499), No. 3 in minutes played (3918) and No. 3 in 3 PT FG made (166).
2006-07: Averages 36.5 mpg/9.7 ppg /9.2 rpg/2.0 apg/1.3 spg/2.8 bpg
- Leads SEC in MPG; 2nd in SEC in BLK and REB in league and overall play
- SEC IRON-MAN ---- Played 40+ MIN in 7 games and has started every game
- 8+ REB in 21 games; Has led/tied for most in 23 of 29 games; 6+ REB in 14 of 16 SEC game 2+ BLK in 23 games - has 60% of USC's blocks this year
CAREER LISTS: Set school record for career games played vs. Vanderbilt (134 currently) Set school record for career block shots vs. Ole Miss -- now No. 1 in career block shots (244) and No. 10 in SEC all-time play; No. 5 in career bpg (1.81 bpg); No. 6 in career rebounds (759) 7 BLK - tying school record for most in an SEC game while breaking school record for most in career - tallying 239; added 12 PT, 7 REB in win over Ole Miss
Derrick Byars, Vanderbilt, G-F, 6-7, Sr.
Al Horford, Florida, F-C, 6-10, Jr.
Chris Lofton, Tennessee, G, 6-2, Jr.
Glen Davis, LSU, F, 6-9, Jr.
Tre' Kelley, South Carolina, G, 6-0, Sr.
Richard Hendrix, Alabama, F, 6-8, So.
Jamont Gordon, Mississippi State, G-F, 6-4, So.
Joakim Noah, Florida, F-C, 6-11, Jr.
Corey Brewer, Florida, F, 6-9, Jr.
Clarence Sanders, Mississippi, G, 6-1, Sr.
Todd Abernethy, Mississippi, G, 6-1, Sr.;
Jermareo Davidson, Alabama, F, 6-10, Sr.;
Shan Foster, Vanderbilt, G-F, 6-6, Jr.;
Sundiata Gaines, Georgia, G, 6-1, Jr.;
Taurean Green, Florida, G, 6-0, Jr.;
Randolph Morris, Kentucky, F-C, 6-11, Jr.;
Brandon Wallace, South Carolina, F, 6-9, Sr.
Player of the Year: Chris Lofton, Tennessee
Coach of the Year: Andy Kennedy, Mississippi
Newcomer of the Year: Patrick Beverly, Arkansas
Gamecock Anthem Top Stories
Updated Scout 300 Trend Meter For 2017It is less than two weeks to signing day and the updated Scout 300 Trend Meter for the 2017 class takes a look at which schools are trending for each uncommitted member in the…
Scout Football6:46 AM
You Can Still Enter Maui MadnessPick a winning playoff Fantasy team for just $25 and win a trip for four to Hawaii!
Should The Broncos Keep Safety T.J. Ward?2016 was a solid campaign for T.J. Ward, before it ended with him on injured reserve. Heading into the final year on his contract, and considering the talent Denver has at the…
Mile High Huddle2:17 PM
Topper Turn Up begins on The HillWKU welcomes large group of prospects to campus this weekend for official visits
WKU Insider1:07 PM