* Coach Holtz said that the pep band came to practice Thursday and played "2001" for the team. "It will be the last time those seniors hear that in those cleats," said Holtz. "It's hard to believe that the time has come for these seniors."
* The team was scheduled to go to the Tiger Burn pep rally on campus after practice. Friday's schedule has been altered a bit. The team will have meetings in the afternoon followed by a walk through on the practice fields. The squad is scheduled to depart for Greenville (team headquarters) at 7 p.m.
* Coach Holtz believes the team is prepared, but that anything could happen Saturday night against Clemson. "We're a fragile team without a lot of confidence right now," said Holtz. "We need some good things to happen for us."
* Coach Holtz said that the team is healthier now that it's been since early in the year. Wide receivers Troy Williamson (groin), and James Adkisson (knee/hamstring) will all make the trip and are expected to play.
* Coach Holtz also reported that freshman Aryhel Freeman, who had been working at quarterback this season, has moved to wide receiver. Freeman, who is being redshirted, has the type of athleticism to play that position, said Holtz. "Aryhel has great character and work habits. He'll help us in the future."