Augustus Gilchrist scored a career-high 32 points to lead the Bulls (9-20, 3-13 BIG EAST) to their first BIG EAST road win of the season beating DePaul 86-76 on Saturday.
USF led DePaul by 13 points, 41-28 after the ending thefirst period on a 12-2 run. USF never trailed in the second but DePaul rallied to within two points at 63-61 with nine minutes to play, but the Bulls responded with a 9-2 run over the next six minutes, and put the game away at the free-throw line with 12 conversions in the final four minutes.
The Bulls shot 57.1 percent (28-49) from the field and 58.3 percent (7-12) from three point range and dominated on the glass, outrebounding DePaul 33-19. The Demons struggled from long range, converting only six of 23 attempts.
Three other Bulls also reached double figures in the game, Jarrid Famous (15), Shaun Noriega (13) and Hugh Robertson (12), while Ron Anderson, Jr. snaggged a team-high 10 rebounds. Brandon Young led DePaul with 23 points.
USF returns to Tampa for their home finale to face PITT on March 2 at 9 p.m.
- The USF starters were Anthony Crater, Shaun Noriega, Hugh Robertson, Ron Anderson, Jr. and Augustus Gilchrist. Robertson is the only Bull to start every game this season.
- Gilchrist's 32 points were a career high, and he is the first Bull to post 30 points in a game since Dominique Jones netted 37 vs. Pittsburgh on Jan. 31, 2010. Excluding Jones, it has been more than five years since a Bull has scored 30 in a game. It is also Gilchrist's sixth 20-plus point performance of the season. He has scored at least 10 points in all but seven games this season.
- Jarrid Famous scored 15 points for his 11th double-digit scoring effort of the year. He was 6-of-7 (85.7 percent) from the field in the game.
- Hugh Robertson netted 12 points for his 13th double-digit performance of the season and his second in a row.
- Ron Anderson Jr. grabbed 10 rebounds for his eighth double-digit rebounding effort of the year. He has at least five rebounds in 20 games.
- Shaun Noriega hit three threes and finished with 13 points. He has hit multiple threes in nine games this season.
- Anthony Crater notched five assists for his 13th game this season with at least five dishes.
- The Bulls outrebounded DePaul 33-19 and have now outrebounded their opponent in 24 of 29 games this season.
- USF had nine dunks in the game, six of which were in the first half. On Jan. 27, USF had seven dunks against the Blue Demons.
- The win gives USF a six-game win streak over DePaul and a season sweep of the series