Left Defensive End:
1) Tavarious Robinson (Senior)- Robinson played in 11 games last year and had only 20 tackles. With the departure of Simmons, he will be forced to take on a much bigger role.
2) Jarriett Buie (Junior)- Even if Buie does not win the starting job, he will still see considerable playing time. The kid is a monster at 6-foot-4, USF SID has him listed at 240, but I saw him the other day and he looks to have put on some weight.
1) Richard Clebert (Junior)- He took over the starting job last year after the sixth game and never looked back. Solid run stopper, something the Bulls defense needs up the middle.
2) Allen Cray (Junior)- Lost his starting job to Clebert last year, still played in every game last season.
1) Frank Harry (Junior)- The JUCO transfer from Pearl River, Mississippi is physically and mentally mature enough to step in and become the starter. He needs to learn the system, but he has plenty of time before fall starts.
2) Eric Thomas (Junior)- Great player coming out of high school. Thomas showed a lot of potential last season, coming off the bench. He should see more playing time this year.
Right Defensive End:
1) Josh Julmiste (Sophomore)- Looked a little uncomfortable early in the season, but made a couple big plays late, look for him to carry that momentum over to this season and win the starting job. He's got ideal size at 6-foot-6, 265.
2) George Selvie (Sophomore)- There were rumors he was being moved to the offensive line, but it looks like he'll be sticking to defense.
1)Stephen Nicholas (Senior)- After almost leaving early for the pro's, Nicholas will return and be the leader on defense.
2) Brouce Mompremier (Sophomore)- He is lightning in a bottle and can hit with the best of them.
1) Ben Moffitt (Junior)- Not the most athletic player on the field, but he gets the job done. Moffitt is a tackling machine and plays great in the middle.
1) Patrick St. Louis (Senior)- Brings more than just big hits, St. Louis is a leader on and off the field.
1) Trae Williams (Junior)- Williams was second among DB's in tackles and also had 2 picks last year. He's also a very smart player.
2) Tyller Roberts (Sophomore)- Good size at 6-foot-1, 190. Good hips and great speed.
1)Mike Jenkins (Junior)- Tons of potential. He's possibly the fastest player on the team with the pads on.
2)Ryan Gilliam (Junior)- Gilliam was a highly touted recruit who transfered to USF from Oregon. He's a track guy with great speed and will be a welcomed addition to the Bulls.
3) Jamaal Jenkins (Sophomore)- Good player coming out of high school needs to prove himself on the field this spring.
1)Danny Verpaele (Junior)- Received a redshirt last year and will be welcomed back after his ankle injury put him on the sidelines. He's a hard hitter and will provide veteran leadership in the secondary.
2)Jeremy Burnett (Senior)- He'll give Verpaele a good run this spring, but will probably end up the back-up.
1) Carlton Williams (Sophomore)- Started as a freshman, needs this spring to build on a good first year.
2) Louis Gachette (Sophomore)- Almost the identical size to Williams. Gachette looks very smooth and relaxed out on the field.
Projected Spring Defensive Depth Chart
Bulls Daily Top Stories
South's No. 30 Safety Rates USF Visit a '10'Naytron Culpepper, the 30th-ranked safety in the South, says Charlie Strong and South Florida knocked it out of the park during his official visit.
Scout Football4:42 PM
USF’s key players that will be back in 2017New coach Charlie Strong has now been with the Bulls for over a month and has had the opportunity to see his team play in their Birmingham Bowl victory. You can bet he has taken…
Bulls DailyYesterday at 2:45 PM
Bulls Daily wraps up the 2016 seasonThe Bulls Daily crew gets together to wrap-up the 2016 USF football season while also looking at the future of the program.
Bulls DailyYesterday at 9:38 AM
Flowers wins national award for 2016 seasonSouth Florida's Quinton Flowers managed to finally jump onto the national radar by the end of the 2016 season, but it appears that someone was paying attention to Flowers' record…
Bulls DailyYesterday at 4:30 AM
**FLASH SALE** Get 9 Months for Price of OneUSF fans, dive into Bulls Daily to take advantage of today's FLASH SALE and you'll get NINE months of coverage for the price of just ONE MONTH! This limited-time offer runs until 5…
Bulls DailyYesterday at 3:37 AM