USFNation Top 10 Recruits For '07
1) S/LB Lorenzo Edwards, Edgewater- At 6-foot-2, 221 pounds Lorenzo Edwards is the total package. Size, speed, strength and character, nobody wants it more than Edwards. For the last two years he has been working with a private trainer, who has trained players such as Ray Lewis and Daunte Culpepper. Edwards is used as a safety in high school, but will play linebacker in college. If USF could snag him, it would be a huge pickup because FSU and Miami have already shown interest.
2) RB Raishawn Wilson, Saint Augustine- Wilson is back with 4.4 speed and good size at 5-foot-10, 190 pounds. Wilson will be one of the top backs in the state, but may get looked over because of the more well-known running backs in this year's class. The running back position is very important this year for the Bulls after losing out on Javarris James.
3) QB Stephen Garcia, Jefferson- Garcia is the local kid that the Bulls can't let get away. He would be a great quarterback in their offense. He has a strong arm and likes to make plays on the run. His former coach is now a defensive coach for South Florida, which can only help in when it comes down to decision time.
4) WR Shawn Williamson, Gulf- There may not be a player in Florida that has seen his stock rise as fast as Shawn's has in the last month. At 6-foot-2, 191 pounds Williamson runs a sub 4.4 40, a 4.38 to be exact. He also ran a 3.89 shuttle time, which was faster than running backs Chris Rainey and Noel Devine. Besides speed he has excellent hands and can get it done in over the middle in traffic. Williamson has no offers as of now, but expect the Bulls to jump on him early.
5) OL Elvis Fisher, St. Pete. Catholic- Another local kid the Bulls can't afford to lose out on. The 6-foot-5 310 pound lineman already has an offer from USF, but will likely generate national interest. He is powerful with quick feet and solid technique.
6) QB Robert Marve, Plant- He's quick on feet, has great technique, a quick release and is in USF's own backyard. Expect the Bulls to offer within the next few weeks.
7) CB DeMarcus Van Dyke, Mami Pace- Already highly rated Van Dyke is receiving interest from USF, FSU, Miami and Auburn. He has good size at 6-foot-1, 160 but has even better speed running a 4.4 40.
8) QB Alton Voss, Gulf- Strong arm with mobility. Voss is not playing baseball this year, instead he opted for weight lifting, which is a sport at his school. He already has an offer from USF and there will be many more on the way. He is being looked at by schools as far away as Michigan.
9) DE Jamere Johnson, Wharton- At 6-foot-5, 215 pounds, Johnson needs to add a little size. Last year he had 14 sacks and is already being looked at by Auburn and Miami.
10) LB Josh Cragin, Choctawhatchee- USF signed two from his high school last year, and Cragin could be the third. He has good size 6-foot-2, 215 pounds and has the quickness and speed to go with it. He runs a consistent 4.6 40.
Bulls Daily Top Stories
USF's Family-Like Feel Sold Michael ScottThere certainly hasn't been much looking back for Florida-based outside linebacker and 2017 prospect, Michael Scott, who remains two feet in with the South Florida Bulls.
Scout FootballTuesday at 1:29 PM
Glaze Spends His Saturday Inside RJSDouble-digit USF commits, including J'Bril Glaze, were presented with a front row seat to Saturday's contest with the Florida State Seminoles.
Bulls DailyTuesday at 11:40 AM
Press Conference Quick Hitters: USF vs. CincyIt's officially Cincinnati week, and Bulls Daily's Rob Bridenstine provides all of the news and notes from USF's weekly press conference at the Lee Roy Selmon Athletics Center.
Bulls DailyTuesday at 11:00 AM
Flowers Sheds Light on 55-35 Loss to FSUTAMPA, Fla. --- Bulls quarterback Quinton Flowers chopped it up with media members following South Florida's gut-wrenching 55-35 loss to the Florida State Seminoles..
Bulls DailySaturday at 2:29 PM